Date: Nov 29, 2018
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US, 73118
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
The Principal Architect – UX is a senior-level position and considered a team lead. This position is responsible for analyzing and interpreting user behavior related to an interactive digital experience, both in the corporate office and in the field. Additionally, the position is responsible for creating an interactive design for all digital products and building the requisite design interfaces. The position must responsibly test the architecture of the suite of digital products, taking them from concept through design, development, testing, and launch. The position reports into the Enterprise Architecture function, and must closely collaborate with other Architects in the fields of AI, Mobility, Data, Cloud & Automation, etc. The position must be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment as the company’s Digital Transformation program will be producing digital products at significant scale. Acts as an internal consultant to users and IT project teams. Participates in effective communication forums with business customers as well as cross-functional IT staff, helping guide strategic direction. Demonstrates excellence in mentoring and leading other team members in process, technique and effectively achieving business results.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze user experience of digital products through interviews
- Gather requirements for web and mobility solutions through information architecture, prototyping, and contextual inquiry
- Development of user experience models to guide the design and development of digital products
- Collaborate with technical architects and product managers to ensure high adoption rates of digital products
- Plans and leads the development, documentation, and implementation of architectural strategies at the modeling, design and implementation stages to address business or industry requirements.
- Plans and leads the development and documentation of business architecture, application/integration and data architecture and application technologies used.
- Leads the validation of target state architecture according to blueprints, business, or technical rationale.
- Follows established project management methodologies, standards, processes and metrics for IT projects.
- Seeks ways to improve performance, expand services, serve new purposes, or improve workflows.
- Develops and supports business relationships with IT project teams and business customers.
- Consults with management and makes recommendations for new technologies based on business requirements.
- Recommends policy, procedures and changes to technology solutions.
- Provides work leadership and training to less experienced staff.
- Leads the planning and technical aspects of projects.
- Leads multi-functional teams in problem resolution, evaluation and implementation of solutions.
- Leads the monitoring and continuity of licensing and maintenance agreements, if applicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Skills
- Expect high degree of competency in these CHK competencies: Integrity & Trust, Customer Focus, Drive for Results and Peer Relationships.
- Suggested proficiency in common design software (Adobe suite, Sketch, etc.)
- Passion for seamless design and the creative process
- Experience in a scrum-based production process
- Travel Requirement: Willingness to travel up to 25% to remote field locations
- Functional & Technical – Demonstrate expert understanding of systems applications, hardware, software, and company specific applications / processes.
- Problem Solving – Expert troubleshooting and ability to use logic to find hidden problems and look beyond the obvious.
- Listening/ Informing – Expert ability using English to communicate written and verbally with all levels of co-workers, customers and external contacts. Expert phone skills and presence.
- Priority Setting – Expert ability to manage time and prioritize projects to meet established deadlines.
- Organizational Agility – Expert ability to get things done across organizational boundaries and culture.
- Dealing with Ambiguity – Expert ability to make good decisions and take action with incomplete information.
- Ability to break down systems issues into workable pieces that can be individually resolved in a collaborative and often parallel fashion.
- Ability to document work in the form of architecture blueprints, presentations, action plans/roadmaps, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of strategic architecture design, including standards and frameworks, aligned to business strategy.
- Advanced knowledge of project management principles and methodologies.
- Advanced knowledge of solution development, design, and/or data architecture.
- Ability to stay current on emerging trends and technologies.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in IT, MIS, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum: 8 – 12 years related work experience
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: Architecture, Developer, Computer Science, Information Technology, IT Architecture, Engineering, Technology