Date: Jan 4, 2019
Location: Duncan, OK, US, 73533
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
In this role, you will be responsible for the systems engineering for large-scale automation projects for Halliburton’s Production Enhancement and Cementing Product Service Lines (PSL). You will provide oversight for the delivery of state-of-the-art technology solutions for some of the most challenging problems in oil & gas to improve operational efficiency, lower costs, and maximize well productivity. You will need to be creative, dynamic, passionate, and data-driven with the ability to effectively communicate and influence the team to deliver best-in-class technology. This is a high visibility position where the incumbent is expected to frequently interact with technology and business leadership to formulate and steer the technology strategy for controls and automation.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
- Cultivate a culture of innovation in systems engineering. Ensure that state-of-the-art technology is applied in the development of new technical solutions.
- Lead systems engineering for large-scale industrial automation & electrification projects
- Work across the entire surface equipment technology team to ensure systems engineering considerations are included during all design phases.
Education / Experience / Knowledge:
- Skills are acquired through an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other STEM discipline and 7 years’ experience.
- Prefer a Master’s degree (electrical, mechanical, chemical, or aerospace engineering) with 8 to 12 years of systems engineering experience or related/applicable experience. PhD degree is highly desired but not required.
- Past experience in oil & gas and power generation preferred. Experience in large-scale industrial processes (chemical, pharmaceutical, oil & gas refining) is essential to be successful in this role.
- Knowledgeable in the application of engineering tools and methodologies like Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Design of Experiments (DoE), Design for reliability & manufacturability (DfR/DfM), Design Verification, and Quality Function Deployment (QFD).
- Strong understanding of systems engineering required to control of complex processes (refining, petrochemical, food/beverage, agriculture).
- Solid understanding of power systems engineering (low & medium voltage), switchboard design, protection systems, and electric machine design / selection.
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available.
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings and diagrams, electrical schematics, piping and instrument drawings (P&IDs), flow charts and cause and effect diagrams.
2600 South 2nd St, Duncan, Oklahoma, 73533, United States
Requisition Number: 66139
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Production Enhancement
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Nearest Major Market: Lawton
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: Computer Science, Technology