- Nootdorp, NL
- Wednesday October 31, 2018
- Experienced Professional
Fugro is a market leading independent provider of geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions for large constructions, infrastructure and natural resources across the globe.
Due to the increased workload we are looking for a Principal Geophysicist to strengthen our Client Deliverables Department in Nootdorp (The Netherlands) to perform interpretation and reporting of geophysical data and to support other departments with geological background information.
The Client Deliverables Department is responsible for the processing, interpretation, reporting and QC of the field data acquired during offshore operations. Typical projects include pipeline inspections, site investigation (including geohazard assessment) for the renewable market, route surveys and magnetic clearance surveys (UXO).
Roles And Responsibilities
The main Principal Geophysicist’s tasks include:
- Provide advice on geophysical acquisition practices, data interpretation and reporting guidelines and standards, in pre-project and post project meetings and other discussions or meetings as required;
- Review and comment on Geophysical Reports prior to issue;
- Provide guidance and a mentoring role to Fugro’s Geophysicists and ensures contract Geophysicists comply with Fugro interpretation and reporting standards;
- Undertake geophysical/geotechnical integration and desktop studies;
- Prepare proposals and costings for relevant offshore survey projects in association with tender coordinators;
- Responsible for reviewing geological, geophysical, oceanographic and other relevant scientific and technical publications and disseminating relevant material to Fugro staff;
- Takes the lead on Client communications in relation to geophysics/geology related technical matters and project/reporting deliverables.
The successful candidate has a keen interest in the fields of Marine Geology and Geophysics. The candidate is a team player who can work on own initiative with the ability to communicate effectively with the many nationalities that make up the Processing & Reporting Department. The candidate will be analytical and accurate with strong writing abilities. This position is focused on working in the Nootdorp office.
This position requires:
- Higher degree or similar academic qualifications;
- Minimum 15 years experience in Geophysics/Geology in particular offshore marine geophysical/geotechnical investigations;
- Knowledge of company specific acquisition, processing and reporting software (e.g. SonarWiz, Oasis Montaj, IHS Kingdom);
- Have a good understanding of shallow marine geohazards and their impact on subsea engineering;
- Conversant with acoustic equipment;
- Excellent knowledge of English language (verbal and in writing);
- Dutch residency or EU citizen willing to relocate.
Fugro offers a dynamic and informal working atmosphere in a well-established company. The position provides a large degree of independence, opportunity for personal growth, international travel and career development in a multinational company.