Apply by:November 2, 2018
Position type:Contract (Office)
Job ID #:29684
Aker Solutions is a global provider of products, systems and services to the oil and gas industry. Its engineering, design and technology bring discoveries into production and maximize recovery. The company employs approximately 14,000 people in about 20 countries. Go to www.akersolutions.com for more information on our business, people and values.
Aker Solutions is a leading global oil & gas services company that provides front-end studies, engineering, procurement and project management services for initiating and executing oil and gas field developments.
Our Business very much depends on our people; all our major achievements are team efforts. We are looking for dedicated team players who like to be part of a winning team, who meet challenges head on to serve our customers’ needs.
Aker Solutions based in London, have excellent opportunities for talented individuals who can strengthen our team and support our ambitious growth plans.
We are currently looking for a Principal Mechanical Engineer as a subject matter expert for heat exchangers to join our Front End and Execution team.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Ensure familiarity with Aker Solutions’ HSEQ Policies, Principles, Just Care™, HSE Mind set, Just Rules, Just Culture and HSE Operating System
- Carry out work in accordance with Company’s requirements for Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems
- Plan, organize and manage workload to ensure work is completed in line with project schedules and budgets
- Ensure technical correctness of discipline deliverables and compliance with international codes & standards, client specifications and project standards
- Ensure work is performed in accordance with Aker Solutions operating system (PEM)
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to discipline
- Attend project reviews/meetings/audits as required and keep Discipline Manager fully informed of status
- Provide effective leadership, supervision and technical guidance to assigned team
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- BEng/BSc or MEng/MSc degree
- Chartered Engineer status
- Minimum 10 years engineering design experience in the offshore oil & gas industry (experience in LNG projects will be an added advantage)
- Experience in leadership / supervisory / client facing position on pre-FEED, FEED and EPC projects
- Experience in the thermal design of heat exchangers in gas processing and LNG applications such as cryogenic service exchangers, amine service exchangers, P&F sea water exchangers, gas-gas cross exchangers, sub-coolers, super heaters, high duty reboilers, partial & full condensers and compressor inter stage / after coolers
- Hands on experience in HTRI
- Experience in exotic material selection e.g. titanium
- Experience in hot oil, steam and water systems
- Experience in WHRU and HRSG
- Experience in liaising with vendors
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
NES Advantage is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider, responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
For further information please contact:
Dawn Aindow, Regional Manager, 02039084481