Muscat – Shell Development Oman, Oman
Skillpool group: Petroleum Engineering
Reference ID: 104530BR
The Principal Petrophysicist will be part of a high-profile team of Petroleum Engineers, and Geoscientists responsible for the reservoir evaluation and field development planning of a portfolio of tight gas fields in Oman. The Principal Petrophysicist will report into the Field Development Manager.
- Responsible for the Petrophysical Input into the Field Development Plan supporting investment decision.
- Deliver detailed petrophysical evaluations, ensuring that static and dynamic subsurface risks and uncertainties are quantified and mitigated where possible and properly reflected in reservoir models and workflows to support the development decisions to be made.
- Support and advise the Field Development Manager with all subsurface aspects of the project and notably the petrophysical ones.
- Be an involved member of the Field Development Planning Leadership team and contribute to technology pilot delivery, well delivery and to overall technical and economical evaluations of the development opportunities.
- Ensure that opportunities that can benefit from advanced petrophysical / data acquisition technologies are identified and pursued in cooperation with associated groups.
- Communicate with joint venture partners as appropriate, including technical representation at technical committee meetings.
- Ensure subsurface evaluations and development plans are compliant with the corporate technical assurance framework and process safety design & engineering standards.
- Fully document all petrophysical evaluations and input into the Field Development Plan and manage data in compliance with Shell procedures.
- As Petrophysics Technical Authority, participate in peer reviews, project assists, and formal project reviews with the objective of ensuring projects are properly assured in advance of key decision gates.
- Ensure that subsurface hydrocarbon resources are reported and reviewed / assured in compliance with internal procedure and external guidelines and regulations.
- Support the Business Planning (BP) and Work Program and Budget (WP&B) exercise, providing input on the latest Scope, Cost and Schedule of all data acquisition programs, notably the wireline logging activities and expenditure.
- Coordinate with the Exploration Lead to share subsurface knowledge and to deliver development support to exploration evaluations and decisions. Facilitate the transfer of exploration discoveries to the development organisation.
- Coordinate with the Well Delivery Lead to ensure that essential subsurface data is gathered in exploration, appraisal and pilot wells. As Petrophysics Technical Authority assure the data acquisition plans as put together by the senior petrophysicist operations in the Well Delivery team.
- Coordinate with subsurface specialised departments in the Shell Group to ensure technical services from experts from out-off the country, notably on (special) core analysis and petrophysical evaluations.
- Assist the Well Delivery Lead and the Contracting and Procurement department in managing the wireline contract.
- A special challenge will be the delivery of a field development plan with associated hydrocarbon volume uncertainty assessment while new subsurface data will continuously become available.