- Req ID: R6500
- Date Posted: 11/28/2018
Job Description Summary
IHS Markit is seeking to appoint a high-caliber researcher to join company’s fast-growing Asia Pacific Power, Gas, Coal & Renewables (APAC PGCR) practice, based in Beijing and focusing on the North Asia gas markets. This position offers a significant opportunity to the successful candidate in a highly respected company during an exciting period of growth.
IHS Markit’s PGCR practice investigates the strategic issues facing the region’s energy market development and helps clients navigate an exciting yet highly uncertain market landscape via both retainer research and bespoke consulting.
- Conduct analysis on Asia gas and LNG market analysis while being fully informed of global trends and regional power/renewables and coal research.
- Work together with gas and LNG researchers in other regions to develop our Asia outlooks for both the short-term and long-term.
- A keen sense of global and Asia supply and demand dynamics, trade flow patterns, pricing and contracting will be needed to communicate our analysis to external clients.
- Be the point-of-contact for global gas clients located in Asia and help expand our gas market presence.
- As our global gas spokesperson in North Asia (Greater China, South Korea, Japan), present our global gas outlooks at customer meetings as well as industry events.
- Support consulting business development efforts through proposal preparation and also delivery of gas-related consulting assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields, with preference given to post-graduate degree holders.
- 5-7 years of experience in gas and LNG with a solid understanding of the issues that the industry is facing.
- Written and oral fluency in English and Chinese
- Comfortable in external engagements in both meetings and presentations.
- Good external network of LNG professionals.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English, with preference given to candidates with Asian language skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and managing of large datasets.
- Ability to examine data and information and use analytical tools to identify important strategic trends in the industry.
- A strong desire to establish oneself as a thought leader in the field and ability to establish a wide network in the gas and power sector.
- A consummate team player and leader, at ease in the fast pace of a research and consulting business, where timelines are varied and deadlines rigorous.
- Acute awareness to potential commercial opportunities and the ability to help both the client and internal IHS Markit colleagues in refining and qualifying those opportunities.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy