- Req ID: R6397
- Date Posted: 11/27/2018
Job Description Summary
IHS Markit is seeking to appoint a high-caliber researcher to join company’s fast-growing Asia Pacific Power, Gas, Coal & Renewables (APAC PGCR) practice, based in Tokyo or Seoul and focusing on the Northeast Asia gas and power markets. This position offers a significant opportunity to the successful candidate in a highly respected company during an exciting period of growth.
IHS Markit’s PGCR practice investigates the strategic issues facing the region’s energy market development and helps clients navigate an exciting yet highly uncertain market landscape via both retainer research and bespoke consulting.
- Actively participate in setting the PGCR research agenda in South Korea and Japan markets, drawing upon own experience along with regular client and colleague interactions.
- Become the thought leader on Northeast Asia’s gas and power sector and “go-to” expert for client interactions.
- Generate original research that feeds IHS Markit retainer services and continue to build our reputation in these domains.
- Deliver insights through written reports, presentations at company and industry events, and one-on-one sessions with clients.
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing colleagues to generate business opportunities for IHS Markit’s global PGCR products and services for the Japan and Korea markets.
- Help to drive consulting opportunities and lead engagements that leverage IHS Markit information and insights.
- Act as a core member of IHS’s broader Asia energy research and consulting team, working collaboratively with colleagues in global teams.
- Bachelor’s degree relevant areas, e.g., economics, business, engineering;
- Preference to be given to advanced degree holders.
Required Experience and skills:
- 7-10 years in energy industry experience gained through employment with a utility, oil & gas company, equipment/service company, financial institution, and/or an energy consultancy.
- Understanding, knowledge or strong interest of regional gas or/and power market in Japan or Korea, preferred with power and gas market modeling and supply-demand forecasting experiences.
- Ability to examine data and information and use analytical tools to identify important strategic trends in the industry.
- Ability to think strategically and deliver succinct reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience (in English)
- Linguistic fluency in Japanese or Korean (or both)
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy