Muscat – Shell Development Oman, Oman
Skillpool group: Geoscience
Reference ID: 104491BR
The Senior Quantitative Interpretation and Seismic Interpretation (QI/SI) Geophysicist will be part of a high-profile team of Petroleum Engineers, and Geoscientists responsible for the reservoir evaluation and field development planning of a portfolio of tight gas fields in Oman. The Senior QI/SI Geophysicist will report into the Field Development Manager.
- Provide geophysical support to the delivery of the Field Development Plan underpinning a mega project investment decision.
- Interpret seismic data at the regional and prospect scale to underpin the appraisal and development campaign
- Ensure all seismic interpretation activities are appropriately framed and scaled to support the appraisal and development decisions to be made.
- Coordinate the planning and delivery of geophysical activities as input to well planning, seismic constraint subsurface models, and in place volumetric assessments (e.g. Seismic Interpretation (SI) and Quantitative Interpretation (QI), data re/processing, velocity modelling etc.).
- Support the safe delivery of appraisal and development wells, ensuring compliance with appropriate corporate design standards and strict adherence to safety best practices.
- Quality control own and team geophysical work as a precursor to technical assurance including participation in peer reviews and providing geophysical coaching to team members.
- Proactively share knowledge, learnings and best practices with colleagues and the wider development and exploration community.
- Work closely with Development and Exploration in well planning (particularly well location and trajectory).
- Timely integrate new well data into seismic interpretations and QI evaluations in order to optimally support the planning of new appraisal and development wells and to underpin the seismically constraint modelling workflow and volumetric assessments and development plans.
- Delivery of quality seismic/geophysical input to Business Plans, the Well Delivery Process, Feasibility Reports and Field Development Plans.
- Provide input to the hydrocarbon maturation strategy (exploration and appraisal drilling and extended well test strategy).
- Proactively share knowledge, learnings and best practices with colleagues in Subsurface Development Team, the Well Delivery Team, the Pilot Maturation Team and the Exploration Team as well as the wider development and exploration community.
- Ensure all geophysical deliverables are compliant with the corporate technical assurance framework and process safety design & engineering standards.
- Ensure all data and information obtained from the wells is documented and stored compliant with the corporate guidelines.
- Provide input to data acquisition to ensure that essential subsurface data is gathered in exploration, appraisal and pilot wells.
- Coordinate with subsurface specialised departments in the Shell Group to ensure technical services from experts from out-off the country.
- A special challenge will be the geophysical support to delivery of a field development plan with associated hydrocarbon volume uncertainty assessment while new subsurface data will continuously become available.