||Principal Structural Engineer
||Director of Engineering, Europe
A Principal Structural Engineer who will be engaged in engineering studies for the Oil & Gas and Offshore Renewable Energy industries. Primary requirements will be knowledge of and proven experience in the analysis and assessment of Mobile Offshore Jack-Up Units.
This role is being advertised for a Structural Engineer with a high level of experience, specifically in the areas described herein.
The position is permanent and based in our London office.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- To be able to assess and present conclusions on the feasibility of Jack-Up operations, commensurate with the experience level sought for this position
- To be able to supervise other engineers, of varying experience, in the assessment of Jack-Up units
- To be able to contribute to other areas within offshore engineering such as, but not limited to; MWS, FE stress analysis, and design projects
- To assist or lead projects to accomplish the overall delivery within the timeframe and budget established
- When necessary, to mentor and motivate subordinates who are less experienced in following the Standards and Practices applied to the assessment of offshore structures and vessels
- To attend and actively participate in internal and external meetings, as may be required, during the execution of projects
- To be responsible for the execution of projects and deliverables in accordance with our internal Quality and HSE Procedures
- To identify and develop new clients and new business opportunities when the opportunity arises
- To assist with our processes of bidding for new work
- Minimum education qualification will be a Degree in Structural or Mechanical engineering
- Chartered Engineer
- Experienced engineer, who’s career has been developed within the offshore Oil & Gas and Renewable Energy Industries, with emphasis on Jack-Up units
- Experience and ability to develop software coding for bespoke engineering applications
- Skilled in technical report writing
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Abilities, Personal Attributes, Competencies & Behavioural Traits