Clinton, NJ, US
Job Role Summary
ExxonMobil Process Technology Department located in Annandale, New Jersey, has an immediate opening for a Process Developer for Fluidized Bed technologies.
The selected individual will lead or support R&D activities in process development, managing interfaces with Research, Engineering, Capital Projects, and business line organizations.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify and evaluate innovative process technology solutions to advance ExxonMobil business objectives.
- Drive development of new process technologies from discovery to commercial deployment.
- The job responsibilities include:
- Building and operating state-of-the-art laboratory units, pilot plant and demonstration units to progress process development objectives;
- Guiding the development and use of models to facilitate fundamental understanding and enable process scale-up ;
- Identifying key items of developmental uncertainty, identifying risks and providing innovative solutions;
- Providing fundamental insights on key process, catalyst and hardware variables which impact performance;
- B.S. or equivalent education in Chemical Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience in industrial process development R&D.
- Expertise in process/equipment design, scale-up, operation.
- Expertise in Fluidized Bed technologies
- Strong fundamental understanding of chemical kinetics, modeling.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical program leadership, and lead cross-functional R&D teams.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Ph.D. or equivalent higher education in Chemical Engineering, or related discipline, is desirable.
- Refinery, chemical plant or similar experiences, including start-up or turnaround experience, is preferred.
- Strong fundamental understanding of hydrodynamics is beneficial.
- Experience in advanced modeling is beneficial.
Alternate Location: United States : Clinton, New Jersey
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: Chemical Research, Engineer, Refinery, Developer, Engineering, Research, Energy, Technology