Job Posting: Jan 7, 2019, 11:20:57 PM
Unposting Date: Jan 22, 2019, 6:59:00 AM
Oneof Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. Fromexploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got itall! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and aninclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful careerat Husky.
Wehave training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to helpyou develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. Weoffer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuitionreimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significantnumber of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanksto our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
Husky is currently looking for a ProcessEngineer.The ProcessEngineer provides design services and technical support to the LloydminsterHeavy Oil and Gas business unit. The Process Engineer works in collaborationwith Operations, other engineering disciplines, support teams, and stakeholdersto provide practical engineering solutions for the business unit’s operationalfacilities.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Supports Husky’sManagement of Change (MOC) process through detailed design and evaluation ofproposed changes to existing facilities
- Supports Husky’soperational integrity by stewarding effective Process Hazard Analysis
- Identifiesprocess improvement and cost reduction opportunities
- Participatesin team initiatives focused on improving engineering quality and drivingcompliance with Husky’s Professional Practice Management Plan
Our ideal candidate will have the followingqualifications:
- Bachelor’sdegree in Chemical, Process, or Industrial Systems Engineering
- ProfessionalEngineer designation recognized by APEGA/APEGS, or eligible for designation
- Master’sor Doctorate degree in Chemical Engineering or related discipline is an asset
- Minimum5 years relevant process engineering experience
- Minimum5 years of applicable experience in the petroleum industry, preferably in oiland gas operations
- Minimum 3 years HYSYS, Unisim, VMGSim, PRO/II or similarprocess simulation software
- Minimum 3 years sizing and selecting process equipment(separators, heat exchangers, pumps, compressors, etc.)
- Proficientin reading P&IDs, PFDs, Shut-down keys and other facility drawings
- Workingknowledge of relevant ASME, CSA and API standards
- Goodtechnical knowledge and understanding of rotating and stationary equipment
- Stronganalytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity withProcess Hazard Analysis techniques, including What-If, HAZOP, LOPA
- Abilityto facilitate HAZOP, What-If or other PHA studies
- Workingknowledge of Alberta and Saskatchewan energy regulator directives andstandards, including AER Directive 60
- Goodunderstanding of Management of Change principles
- Familiarity with sizingand selecting pressure protection devices
- Experiencewith driving ½ ton trucks on gravel roads
Thisposition is based on Lloydminster and requires the successful candidate to livein the Lloydminster area. We encourageall applicants to review the following websites about living and working on theLloydminster area:
As this position has been identified assafety sensitive, employment of a final candidate selected for this positionwill be conditional upon successful completion of required pre-employmentmedical and alcohol/drug assessments.
Forthis position you will be required to maintain a Class 5 driver’s license, asatisfactory driving record, and adhere to the appropriate Company policies andguidelines. A Driver’s abstract will be one of the background checksrequested in the Pre-employment Screening for the final candidate.
At Husky, we respect diversity and embrace aninclusive culture. We value uniqueness and different perspectives as they playa critical role in our success. To achieve this, individuals are selected basedon qualifications, merit, and abilities and we encourage applications fromeveryone including visible minorities, Aboriginal people, women, and personswith disabilities.
Husky Energy is an integrated Canadian energy company. It is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, andis publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol HSE. The Company operates Upstream and Downstreambusiness segments, with operations in Canada, the United States, China andIndonesia.
Husky’sbalanced growth strategy focuses on consistent execution, disciplined financialmanagement and safe and reliable operations.
Interestedcandidates must apply online at: www.huskyenergy.com/careers. Only those candidates who apply via Husky’s online application processcan be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest in ourorganization; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.