date: Apr 9, 2019
location: Midland, TX Texas, US
Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Process Engineer located in Midland, TX Texas through April 23, 2019 at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provides technical support for gas processing facilities and other field related production facilities such as troubleshooting and finding optimization/reliability opportunities in production operations.
- Knowledge and experience required in management of change (MOC), Pre-Start-up Safety Review (PSSR), Process Safety Information (PSI), Process Safety management (PSM) and bypassing critical Instrument work.
- Will focus on operations support, facilities optimization and reliability to align the facilities with the current production needs.
- Works closely with operations, maintenance and facility engineering to identify additional opportunities to improve operations by increasing runtime, reducing chemical and energy consumption, upgrading process control systems, leveraging: Strong operational knowledge including oil, water, gas separation, gas gathering and compression, gas dehydration & treating, compression, NGL recovery, storage, and measurement, condensate stabilization, vapor recovery, process instrumentation, process simulation and optimization using Aspen Hysys and ProMax.
- Provides engineering input on PHAs as part of Process Safety Management and provides input for business planning for respective assets. Typical projects that may be identified: compressor installations, gas, oil and water handling and treating facilities optimization, equipment upgrades / replacements. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who seeks out opportunities to partner with operations and other engineers to drive process improvement.
- A Chemical Egineering OR Mechanical Engineering degree with experience in process engineering is required.
- 5yrs Process Engineering – Upstream, Midstream or Downstream
- Chemical Engineering degree
- Gas dehydration/sweetening and Gas compression
- Flare and Relief system evaluation and design
- Process Safety information
- Knowledge of applicable ASME / API codes
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Nearest Major Market: Midland
- This job has expired!