date: Mar 13, 2019
location: Houston, TX Texas, US
Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Process Safety Audit Advisor located in Houston, TX through 04/02/2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Act as Lead Advisor and/or Auditor on Strategic Process Safety Audits (SPSAs)
- Support development and continual improvement of audit protocols and tools.Act as a process safety SME in support of OE HES Center process safety activities and initiatives.
- Develop presentations and papers to communicate lessons learned from relevant process safety incidents.
- Provide on-boarding and alignment training with internal and external auditors and Team Leads
- Engineering Degree required
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a process safety role, with significant experience working in a plant or offshore facility.
- Strong operational background with experience in applying process safety and risk management practices and utilizing company-specific policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Knowledge in the practical application of technical engineering standards is desired.
- Process safety auditing skills and experience is preferred.
- Both strong written and oral communications skills are essential.
- Able to compile and analyze data to develop conclusions and produce well-written reports.
- The ability to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel, both internal and external to Chevron, in a non-confrontational manner is also essential.
- Strong organizational skills and capability to effectively manage OE Audits and meet deadlines.
- Able to manage multiple priorities and people concurrently.
- Able to coach and mentor team members.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and positively influence working teams made up of personnel from multiple departments, business units, or organizational levels.
- Fosters cooperation and collaboration among individuals within and outside work unit.
- Recognized as a strong leader and technical contributor with regards to process safety.
- Houston is preferred work location. Final work location to be determined based on candidate’s current location and/or business needs.
- Travel: 40 % travel to domestic and international locations, possibly including NOJV site.
- Rotational Schedule Not Applicable
Mechanical or Chemical Engineering Degree preferred
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston