date: Jan 4, 2019
location: Ningbo, Zhejiang, CN
Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy. In Downstream China, our business focus on lubricants and additives.
With leading experience in product innovation, client value for more than one century, Chevron lubricants provide products and services under Chevron, Texaco, Caltex brand for over 100 countries globally.
Chevron Oronite, a subsidiary of Chevron Corporation, is a world-scale developer, manufacturer and marketer of lubricant and fuel additives and chemicals. Our product are designed to help enhance the performance and extend the life of many types of transportation and industrial equipment. The success of our global organization is driven by our 2,000 employees working in research and development, manufacturing, supply chain, and sales and marketing across 14 countries.
We believe that talents, partnerships and performance are the keys to making us a major international energy company. Chevron provides a dynamic working environment which allows our employees to perform their best.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Procurement Lead located in Ningbo , Zhejiang /China ,
- Responsible for daily indirect purchasing and contracting activities to meet the expectations of the various functional groups.
- Responsible for local and overseas sourcing of materials and services.
- Responsible for SQ(Supplier Qualification) process and conduct new supplier site evaluation for qualification.
- Develop annual contracting plan and review with major stake holders on strategies and any latest market updates.
- Monitor and expedite outstanding orders. Follow up with suppliers for any delivery discrepancies, claims and work with Finance to resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Lead team in negotiation with suppliers and contractors for the best possible terms and conditions.
- Performs commodity studies and market trend to help users with their cost estimate and budgeting purposes.
- Develop S2P metrics and track the progress to ensure its effectiveness.
- Support supplier Key Performance Indicators(KPI’s) with key supplies.
- Manage key supplier and contractor relationships ensuring that they are maintained at a good business level.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or other disciplines
- Minimum 7-8 years experience in procurement, contractring and material management in chemical or oil & gas indiustry.
- Experience in new S2P system roll out and procurement/contracting process implementation would be an advantage.
- Strong Analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative analysis);
- Ability to work systematically, prioritize tasks and adhere to deadlines;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, multitask and manage weekly and monthly report;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Chinese;
- Proficient in MS Office and SAP system would be preferred.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gendier identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.