date: Jan 3, 2019
location: Makati, NCR (Manila), PH
Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for Procurement Specialist positions located in Makati, Philippines through 18 January 2019.
As a Procurement Specialist, you will be asked to complete a variety of procurement operations tasks and work on projects simultaneously. The position provides various supply chain operational support for Chevron companies in North America, Asia, Australia, Middle East, Africa and Europe and in all streams. The Procurement Specialist will have opportunities to interact with business unit customers and SCM managers, suppliers, warehouse personnel, freight forwarders, and other functional groups like Finance and IT.
Position Details: Assignments and duties are driven by organizational and business needs. Assignments could be in any of the following areas:
- CONTRACTING – The Procurement Specialist – Contracting provides contract finalization and implementation support for one-time contracts, new contracts, contract renewal or amendment. The Contracting Specialist also manages and implements the pre/re-qualification process to ensure all suppliers will satisfy Chevron’s corporate standards based on five risks: Compliance, Financial, Health, Safety and Environment, Information Protection, and Capability.
- e-PROCUREMENT – The Procurement Specialist – eProcurement creates and maintains user profiles, approves user profile requests, including role additions/changes and approval authority levels in accordance with established controls. The eProcurement Specialist also performs SOX user access review and other ad hoc customer-initiated requests for profile reviews. The specialist also trains and assists suppliers in accessing and using supply chain systems. This role also performs e-Sourcing support to relevant stakeholders.
- ORDER MANAGEMENT – The Procurement Specialist – Order Management monitors the delivery status of open PO line items. The Order Management Specialist conducts follow-up expediting by providing a weekly summary of estimate delivery dates, resolves issues concerning late deliveries, and applies trace and escalation procedures for overdue purchase orders.
- BUYING – The Procurement Specialist – Buying reviews material/service requisitions submitted by the business unit, generates a list of purchase order/service order requisitions and performs verification against applicable supporting documents to meet the terms and conditions of the contract.
- MATERIAL MASTER DATA – The Procurement Specialist – Material Master Data performs material master maintenance work and creates/manages material master records. The specialist interacts with business unit (BU) customers, SCM managers, suppliers, warehouse personnel, freight forwarders, and other functional groups (e.g., Finance, IT) by responding to procurement and technical queries related to material master data use.
- INVOICING – The Procurement Specialist – Invoicing prioritizes invoices based on invoice support and verification guidelines. The Invoicing Specialist ensures that all invoices are processed in compliance with the Chevron policies and procedures (e.g., Delegation of Authority process, SOX and internal controls, catalog compliance, P2P payment channel thresholds, verification of goods receipt, etc.). The specialist also inputs, verifies, and/or obtains the correct cost object and transaction details to ensure accurate accounting and recording.
- Bachelor’s/College Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Accountancy, or any business course
- Demonstrate excellent planning, business, analytical, and communication skills
- Must have relevant experience in Buying/Buyer Process / Procurement / Supply Chain function
- Must be open to learning and exploring a variety of Procurement/Supply Chain business areas
- Must be open to go on shifting schedules (Morning – Mid – Night)
- Diploma/Certificate in Procurement/Supply Chain Management would be an advantage
- Knowledge in Procurement process, Contracting, e-Sourcing, contract administration, and eProcurement would be an advantage
- Knowledge in ERP tools such as SAP/JDE/Ariba/Smart GEP would be an advantage
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.