Date: Apr 11, 2019
Location: Pearland, TX, US
Company: Dover Corporation
Dover Precision Components delivers performance-critical solutions for rotating and reciprocating machinery across the oil & gas, power generation, marine, industrial, chemical and general processing markets. Comprising the Waukesha Bearings, Bearings Plus, Inpro/Seal and Cook Compression brands, our portfolio includes hydrodynamic bearings, active magnetic bearings, system and bearing protection, and reciprocating compressor valves, sealing technologies, pistons, rods and more. Each solution is custom-engineered to provide optimum efficiency, reliability and productivity, and backed by comprehensive aftermarket services. Dover Precision Components serves its global customer base through facilities in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East, as well as technical sales representatives around the world. Dover Precision Components is part of Dover Corporation’s Fluids segment.
The Product Manager is a key role in the driving growth in the Cook Compression business of key part of the Dover Precision Components diverse product portfolio. In collaboration with Operations, new Product Development and Sales, the Product Manager – Compression, will manage the Cook Compression product line and services throughout the product lifecycle from planning to execution in support of organizational strategy and objectives. The responsibilities of this position include assisting in development of a comprehensive product growth strategy, support of the sales effort with strategic positioning and sales tools, defining the technical and market requirements for new product development projects and managing the life cycle of the product portfolio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute on the product growth and profitability strategies for the Cook Compression product portfolio.
- Manage the product portfolio including portfolio analysis, rationalization, pricing, margin & sales analysis and new product development.
- Conduct voice of customer (VOC) research to determine new product needs for regional markets. Defines new product opportunities including business plans, product life cycle plans, financials and proposals. Support the commercial launch of new projects.
- Maintain market focus with regular customer contact and interaction with sales teams as needed. This includes responsibility for conducting distributor and end user training.
- Engage in frequent collaboration with global product management, sales, technical and operations teams to facilitate the execution of product line strategy globally.
- Monitor the competitive landscape and develop action plans accordingly.
- Participate in training staff, customers, and channel partners as appropriate.
- This position does not have direct reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or related field, with demonstrated engineering / technical /product management experience.
- Experience working with industrial customers. Proven ability to develop and maintain productive, professional relationships.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Domestic and International travel as required.
- MBA or graduate degree in relevant technical field
- Experience and understanding of compressor and turbomachinery technology
- Highly organized and efficient in approaching tasks
- Ability to collaborate effectively across business functions.
- Ability to work within a geographically diverse team.
- Clear, concise and articulate communication skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in: Americas : United States : Texas : Houston || Americas : United States : Texas : Pearland
Sub Division : Corporate Office – E1817
Job Requisition ID : 28002