Date: Oct 29, 2018
Location: Killdeer, North Dakota, US
ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in two key U.S. shale plays – the Bakken in North Dakota and the Utica in Ohio. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct well surveillance and EBS (Exception Based Surveillance) reviews of production from wells in your area of responsibility.
- Monitor and affect optimization of lease profit and loss in your area of responsibility.
- Conduct production monitoring and production well modeling as required to maintain/optimize well production, including; modeling of completion performance, development of IPR curves and performing techniques such as nodal analysis and integrated asset modeling.
- Provide ‘boots on the ground’ support of producing well problems in order to gather failure data and ensure appropriate interventions are required.
- Collaborate with Reliability Engineers and Process Engineers to optimize production, production capacity and manage/reduce production constraints.
- Conduct well failure analysis (outside of tubing) and secure support as appropriate from the reliability organization (i.e. RCA, etc.). Confirm implementation and effectiveness of RCA countermeasures.
- Work with Completions and Reliability Engineers to review and improve standards for artificial lift and other well equipment.
- Conduct economic analysis to support production optimization measures including well interventions, well operating envelopes, procedures, and integrity management processes/measures.
- Provide engineering oversight and guidance of monitoring, management and remediation measures for downhole corrosion, hydrate, scale, waxes, paraffins, asphaltenes, including chemical treatment and well interventions.
- Develop well intervention/workover procedure/scope development (e.g. refrac, cleanouts, reperf, acid wash, recompletion, conformance control, regulatory).
- Lead SIMOPs management (e.g., identification of activity at nearby wells, prep work to secure wells, post SIMOPs remediation)
- Support and ensure handovers to and from Completions, Well Servicing and Reliability Engineering organizations, are done in accordance with business rules.
- Develop and/or support development of well downtime/uptime/availability reports.
- Monitor/model/assure well flow assurance (e.g., paraffin, corrosion control, scale control, etc.).
- Develop long and short term production forecasts in support of business needs including 30-60-90 day forecast, deferral analysis and annual forecasts. Apply Production Engineering practices such as decline curve analysis.
- Develop and support development of capital (capex) and operating costs (opex) budgets for wells and wellsite facilities in your area of responsibility. Collaborate with other disciplines as required.
- Develop and provide technical authority input and expert advice for Management of Changes and Engineering Standards Deviations related to well design and completion.
- Collaborate with Process and Subsurface engineer(s) on surface/subsurface metering functional specifications for production monitoring.
- Align with contractors to reduce cost and promote continuous improvement
- TA/PA candidate identification based on well regulatory compliance and economics
- Participate in engineering network and the distribution of lessons learned and information sharing.
- Strong oil/gas/water production engineering knowledge
- 3 years experience preferred in field operations (e.g., Production Engineer, Completions engineer, Process engineer)
- Proficient computer skills (nodal analysis, IFM, Microsoft Office, SAP)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical and complex problem solving skills with attention to detail and process improvements
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision in a diverse, multidiscipline team environment
- Bachelors of Science degree in petroleum engineering or equivalent
- Continuous Improvement – 30%
- Process Execution – 20%
- Problem Solving / Decision Making – 35%
- Leadership / Coaching – 15%
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.