Muscat – Shell Development Oman, Oman
Skillpool group: Geoscience
Reference ID: 104541BR
The Senior Production Geologist will be part of a high-profile team of Petroleum Engineers, and Geoscientists responsible for the reservoir evaluation and field development planning of a portfolio of tight gas fields in Oman. The Senior Production Geologist will report into the Field Development Manager.
- Support the delivery of the Field Development Plan underpinning important investment decisions.
- Deliver detailed subsurface evaluations, ensuring that static subsurface risks and uncertainties are quantified and mitigated where possible and properly reflected in reservoir models and workflows to support the development decisions to be made.
- Ensure static reservoir models are appropriately framed and scaled.
- Create modelling workflows such that models can quickly be updated with new well data.
- Conduct hands-on technical work to ensure appropriate range of static uncertainties are captured in reservoir models and volumetric estimates.
- Work with seismic interpreter, Quantitative Interpretation Geophysicist to ensure new seismic data is optimally used for well planning, 4D, and seismically constrained modelling.
- Delivery of quality Production Geology input to Business Plans, the Well Delivery Process, Feasibility Reports and Field Development Plans.
- Assuring the accuracy and quality of geological work as precursor to both internal technical assurance as well as external reviews/meetings.
- Provide input to the hydrocarbon maturation strategy (exploration and appraisal drilling and extended well test strategy) to ensure that this strategy is kept up to date with every new well drilled.
- Proactively share knowledge, learnings and best practices with colleagues in Subsurface Development Team, the Well Delivery Team, the Pilot Maturation Team and the Exploration Team as well as the wider development and exploration community.
- Ensure volumetric ranges, subsurface evaluations and development plans are compliant with the corporate technical assurance framework and process safety design & engineering standards.
- Ensure all data and information obtained from the wells is documented and stored compliant with the corporate guidelines.
- Ensure that subsurface hydrocarbon resources are reported and reviewed/assured in compliance with internal procedure and external guidelines and regulations.
- Provide input to data acquisition to ensure that essential subsurface data is gathered in exploration, appraisal and pilot wells.
- Coordinate with subsurface specialised departments in the Shell Group to ensure technical services from experts from out-off the country.
- A special challenge will be the delivery of a field development plan with associated hydrocarbon volume uncertainty assessment while new subsurface data will continuously become available.