Muscat – Shell Development Oman, Oman
Skillpool group: Geoscience
Reference ID: 104537BR
The Production Geologist will be part of a high-profile team of Petroleum Engineers, and Geoscientists responsible for the reservoir evaluation and field development planning of a portfolio of tight gas fields in Oman. The Production Geologist will report into the Field Development Manager.
- Support the delivery of the Field Development Plan underpinning in important investment decision.
- In joint effort with (and under supervision of) the Senior Production Geologist, provide detailed subsurface evaluations, ensuring that static subsurface risks and uncertainties are quantified and mitigated where possible and properly reflected in reservoir models and workflows to support the development decisions to be made.
- Provide input to model framing events to ensure that static reservoir models are appropriately framed and scaled.
- Create modelling workflows such that models can quickly be updated with new well data.
- Conduct hands-on technical modelling work to ensure appropriate range of static uncertainties are captured in reservoir models and volumetric estimates.
- Work with seismic interpreter, QI Geophysicist to ensure new seismic data is optimally used for well planning and seismically constrained modelling.
- Provide geological input to and participate in internal technical assurance as well as external reviews/meetings.
- Proactively share knowledge, learnings and best practices with colleagues in Well Delivery Team and in the Exploration Team.
- Ensure volumetric ranges, subsurface evaluations and PG input provided to development plans are compliant with the corporate technical assurance framework and process safety design & engineering standards.
- Ensure all data and information obtained from the wells is documented and stored compliant with the corporate guidelines.
- Ensure that subsurface hydrocarbon resources are reported and reviewed/assured in compliance with internal procedure and external guidelines and regulations.
- Provide input to data acquisition to ensure that essential subsurface data is gathered in exploration, appraisal and pilot wells.
- Be open to feedback and seek help/coaching when/if required.
- A special challenge will be the delivery of a field development plan with associated hydrocarbon volume uncertainty assessment while new subsurface data will continuously become available.