Req ID 95281BR
Job category PROJECTS
Countries (State/Region) Western Australia
Location Australia – Western Australia – Kwinana
BP is one of the world’s leading international oil and gas companies, employing approximately 80,000 people globally and has operated in Australia since 1919. Today, we’re involved in a range of activities, such as exploring natural gas and crude oil resources as well as refining and marketing petroleum products and lubricants. We also have a network of almost 1,400 service stations throughout Australia.
BP’s Kwinana Refinery is one of the most modern in the southern hemisphere. It is Western Australia’s only refinery and with a capacity of 146,000 barrels of crude oil per day, it is Australia’s largest. On-going investment in refining technology has resulted in Kwinana being Australia’s most flexible refinery, capable of producing cleaner fuels such as BP Ultimate. We have approximately 450 employees and 350 contractors working onsite, each playing an important role to ensure that Kwinana continues to safely supply fuels to the Australian market.
We are now recruiting for a Project Engineer to join our team at the Kwinana refinery. Reporting to the Project Engineering Superintendent, the primary purpose of this role is to ensure the technical integrity of the project, including compliance with the project scope, job specification, engineering standards and practices. The Project Engineer will support the Project Engineering Superintendent in all assigned activities including Safety, Front End Loading (FEL) activities, detailed design, procurement, cost engineering, planning construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning.
• Champion HSSE across projects and ensure that our project safety performance targets are met or exceeded
• Liaise with operational stakeholders, senior planning and discipline engineers to support project development, planning and implementation activities
• Provide input into engineering, design, quality assurance, HSSEQ requirements, procurement, cost engineering and planning activities ensuring they are fully coordinated and that project deliverables are met
• Assist the Project Manager in controlling expenditure within set limits
• Report on any divergences, errors, omissions, potential savings and overspends
• Organise and participate in Design Engineering Reviews, HAZOPs and other reviews/studies where appropriate
• Assist the Procurement department in ensuring technical issues are handled with vendors from initial enquiry through to full and final receipt of certified drawings and equipment delivery
• Liaise with construction teams to ensure information flows in accordance with the agreed scope and plan
• Provide support and guidance to other members of the project team on resolution of project interface problems
• The role is both strategic and tactical in nature with focus on short, medium and long term project tasks
Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline.
Essential experience and job requirements
In order to be considered for this role, applicants must; have sound oil refinery experience or oil and gas processing plant experience including technical exposure to process plants including utilities, have deep project execution, contract negotiation & execution, construction knowledge, budget management and HSSE experience.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world’s ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
BP’s Fuels AsPac business operates in three distinctive retail fuels markets in Australia, New Zealand and China.
We’ve been proudly operating in Australia for almost 100 years. Here, we are the only fully integrated fuels business, with a team of 6,000 passionate people delivering quality fuels from the well to the petrol bowser. Along with our terminals, pipelines and 1,400 BP-branded retail fuel sites we are also founding participants in the North West Shelf and Browse joint ventures. We also operate Australia’s largest refinery in Kwinana.
Our 3,000 strong New Zealand team is driven to deliver a customer experience second to none. Today we operate more than 90 BP Connect retail sites and are renowned for our signature Wild Bean Cafes. We also have a national network of BP-branded independent retailers, distributor partners, truckstops, and a terminals and logistics operation.
Through strong partnerships with China’s top two state-owned oil companies, PetroChina and Sinopec, BP operates over 750 dual-branded retail stations in Guangdong and Zhejiang provinces, serving 400,000 customers and selling over 12 million litres of gasoline and diesel every day. And BP now also has a joint venture with Shandong Dongming Petroleum Company Ltd.
BP strives to be a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a great employer. We care deeply about our people, creating a diverse and inclusive environment where everybody can contribute and grow. The breadth of our business makes it the perfect place to build your career.