Location: Hamburg, DE
Company: Lloyds Register
Location:Hamburg : Am Sandtorkai 41 (LR_L000062)
Position Category:Project Management
Department:DE205250 : HAM-NORTH MARINE (DE205250)
Position Type:Employee Regular
Education Required:See Job Description
Experience Required:See Job Description
Project Manager (Vendor Manager)
A passion for vendor package management in a highly technical and international oriented environment? Are you quality assurance minded? Are you the person that get things done combined with an analytical view and keen eye for details? Are you up for the challenge?
What does the position offer?
This position offers a great variety of work. You will be in frequent contact with all our clients and vendors. In your day to day job you ensure a smooth inspection and certification process of vendor components and equipment from start to finish. Your strength lies within organizing and you ensure that all parties involved are timely and well informed. You closely work together with the relevant Surveyors and technical departments to make sure the correct authorized person is assigned to the particular inspection and has all the required documentation and information for doing the job. You also look for additional business opportunities with our current and new clients.
Also you are collaborating with relevant departments for outstanding queries or investigations that may arise. You overlook the broader perspective and provide relevant information and statistics of inspections and related (hse) topics to internal stakeholders.
Furthermore we are looking for a person who is further developing and improving holistic processes for the certification of vendor components and vendor systems. You proactively work on further improving and developing useful reports and templates which are making the process more efficient and effective. You identify bottle necks in the current processes and work together with the team to further improve the way we work.
What would we prefer to see?
- A degree as Mechanical Engineer/Welding Engineer ; or Qualifications from a marine or nautical institution and relevant sea-going experience as a certificated ship’s officer
- Knowledge on Marine Installations including Main Propulsion Equipment and Components (Oil and Gas Engines, Gearing, Diesel-Electric Systems incl. the required Control Systems, Engine auxiliary Systems and Components)
- Knowledge on Offshore Installations (Renewable Energy and Oil & Gas) including Hydrocarbon Processing Equipment, High Voltage Systems and Components, Safety Systems)
- Willingness to obtain knowledge for electrical inspections on Low and High Voltage Equipment
- Knowledge on Materials applied in Main Propulsion Systems
- Membership of an appropriate professional institution
- Working towards or achieving charted or incorporated engineering status
- Strong understanding of international regulations, codes and standards related to marine and offshore business, e.g. IMO, IACS, API, ASME
- Knowledge of North sea continental shelf National regulatory requirements, e.g. German BSH and other Safety Case regimes will be an advantage
- Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally / with clients on technical and commercial issues from worker up to CEO level
- Understanding of Classification Society business and services delivered
- To provide technical and commercial management, e.g. project management, process management
- Proficiency in the English and German language commensurate with the work
- External Focus
- Communicating & Influencing
- Professional Expertise
- Commercial Knowledge & Focus
- Decision Making
What do we offer?
We offer you an exciting working environment with intellectual challenges, responsibility and high level client interaction. An attractive remuneration package will be offered. As for every Lloyd’s Register staff member, a personal development plan will be made by you and your manager to support you in realizing your long term goals.
About Lloyd’s Register
Some companies seem to work for their shareholders. You could say that Lloyd’s Register’s shareholder is society!
Lloyd’s Register have been fiercely independent since its start more than 257 years ago as what would become the world’s first ship classification society. It’s also where Lloyd’s Register first started contributing to the safety of the world’s critical infrastructure, helping ship builders and owners make safer ocean-going vessels.
Today that tradition continues as Lloyds Register, still owned by the Lloyd’s Register Foundation, offers it deep technical expertise to asset owners- providing quality assurance and certification to everything from cruise ships to the pressure equipment that helps power cities everywhere!
Lloyd’s Register is renowned globally for its technical expertise, independence, and focus on safety. And because of Lloyd’s Register’s long history, it carries approvals and accreditations from industry bodies and governments worldwide, often acting on their behalf to inspect and certify equipment around the world.
Are you interested in this position? Apply directly via the system and upload your CV and motivation letter. If you have any questions or require more information, please contact Jan Dingemanse (Corporate Recruiter – Europe) via telephone +31 6 20 27 49 24 or email email@example.com.
The Lloyd’s Register Group comprises charities and non-charitable companies, with the latter supporting the charities in their main goal of enhancing the safety of life and property, at sea, on land and in the air – for the benefit of the public and the environment. (Group entities).
Job Segment: Project Manager, Electrical, Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Inspector, Technology, Engineering, Quality