Req ID 95123BR
Job category Operations
Location Global – Upstream
Mauritania and Senegal has recently become a new Upstream Region. This role offers an exciting opportunity to work in an emerging world-class hydrocarbon basin in a development that is not only a significant event for BP but also the two countries involved.
BP has signed agreements with Kosmos Energy to develop significant gas resources in West Africa. The agreements involve BP assuming operatorship of a very large licence position in the countries of Mauritania and Senegal. Under the terms of the agreements BP will operate all appraisal and development activities and Kosmos will continue to operate Exploration activities in the licences, which hold world-class deepwater gas discoveries and exploration prospectivity.
The licences include the Tortue field estimated to contain up to 15 Tcf of discovered gas resource. The multi-year exploration activities and development project at Tortue represent an exciting and strategically significant investment opportunity for BP.
The first phase of the development consists of 13 subsea wells in 2800m water depth tied back to a gas processing FPSO positioned between the field and a nearshore hub/terminal hosting a leased floating LNG (FLNG) vessel and LNG export terminal facilities. This will be closely followed by a gas processing platform situated by the FPSO processing the gas from a further 14 wells and an increase of the FLNG capacity at the hub terminal
Reporting to the Offshore Site Manager, the Project Production Team Lead (PTL) is accountable during the project phase for creation of working level documents with the FLNG Contractor to create common underpinning strategies, practices and procedures to create a single Hub operating culture.
The position is based in Oslo with occasional travel to Sunbury, contractor offices, build yards (Singapore) and Mauritania & Senegal.
The accountabilities of the role during the Project Phase are:
- Responsible for creation of working level documents with FLNG Contractor to create common underpinning strategies, practices and procedures to create a single Hub operating culture. These will form the basis of the Interface Protocols in the LOA. These documents will describe exactly how we will operate and function together.
- Work with the Mauritania and Senegal Regional Operations Readiness team in order to ensure consistency and embed regional practices into the operation.
- Support the FLNG contractor in delivering its own practices to sufficient standard.
- Work with the existing FLNG operations organisation to ensure that lessons and good practice are transferred to the new facilities
- Agree working level meetings and locations to support single operating culture
- Support for creation of Regional Operating Documents so these are common with the Hub documents
- Focussed on HOW we will work together with the FLNG Contractor to be a world class operator
- Foster one team approach
- Support start-up integration with the Tortue Start-Up team
- Hub design input, specifically the Quarters & Utilities to ensure that functionally meeting operational needs
Degree in a technical or engineering related subject or suitable industrial experience
Essential experience and job requirements
The successful candidate will have strong experience in oil and gas plant operations, together with a proven track record in a supervisory position with particular emphasis on safety and performance management.
Experience with developing working level practices for implementation on a facility.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
This role is home based with Regular travel to South East UK, Oslo, Paris and Gothenburg. You must have the right to work in Europe.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Cold gas experience is preferred, but not essential.
Yes – up to 50%
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world’s ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.