- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 10/16/2018 4:56:15 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Digital Solutions
- Design and implement video processing and feature / defect recognition algorithms utilizing CPUs, FPGAs, DSP’s, and GPU’s
- Develop and refine algorithms for 3D imaging, surface reconstruction, and geometric measurement of surface features
- Interface directly with customers and develop innovative solutions that meet their needs and can appeal to our broader market
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of Computer, Software, or Electrical Engineering experience
- Desired Characteristics:
- Minimum 10 years of Computer, Software, or Electrical Engineering experience is preferred
- Skilled in C++ software development
- Proven track record of interfacing with customers and delivering successful outcomes
- Excellent communication skills able to convey complex concepts in a clear and concise manor appropriate for the audience
- Experience with or knowledge of video systems, illumination technologies, and video borescopes
- Ability to interface with stakeholders to develop and review requirements and plans
- Desire to be part of a highly collaborative team of engineers, product managers, and production employees
- Detail-oriented and self-starting
- C / C++ experience, with working knowledge of FPGA / DSP / GPU, along with some C#
- Knowledge of microcontrollers and digital signal processors, along with both Linux and Windows based tools and development environments
- Understanding of optics and CCD or CMOS imaging systems
- 3D imaging techniques such as structured light and photogrammetry
- 3D visualization using graphics libraries such as Direct3D, SlimDX, OpenGL
- Image processing and algorithm and code development for DSP, FPGA, Intel GPU / CPU
- Familiar with MATLAB, Mathematica, or similar modeling tools
- Comfortable with Geometry, trigonometry, linear regression, filtering, etc.
- About Us:Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Locations:United States; New York; Skaneateles
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.