- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/12/2019 2:53:35 PM
- Job #: 1904490
- Location(s): Colombia; HUILA; NEIVA
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Originates and develops analysis methods to determine reliability of components, equipment and processes related to Artificial Lift Systems. Acquires and analyzes data. Prepares diagrams, charts, drawings, calculations and reports to define reliability problems and make recommendations for improvements. Conducts analysis of reliability problems and investigates to determine the required reliability approach for a situation. Determines cost advantages of alternatives and develops action plans that comply with internal/external customer demands for reliable processes/equipment to avoid failures.
- Gathers and examines basic reliability data from field studies or database and correlates the data for analysis using well-defined engineering techniques, principles and procedures.
- Performs detailed/routine engineering calculations involving relatively simple tests on less complicated system details where ingenuity and high-level judgment are not required.
- Assists others in root cause failure analysis to avoid future failures.
- Works under supervision of other engineers and receives guidance in the use of standard company procedures for use in reliability analysis specific to the product/process.
- Follows company safety and health guidelines and other company policies.
- Performs other work as assigned.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Petroleum engineering
- Entry level with zero to two years’ experience.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: Colombia; HUILA; NEIVA