Date: Nov 25, 2018
Location: Minot, North Dakota, US
ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in two key U.S. shale plays – the Bakken in North Dakota and the Utica in Ohio. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor artificial lift performance and optimization to deliver maximum business value with the best possible reliability.
- Support exception based troubleshooting for down well production and underperforming wells. Develop, maintain, audit, and update standard work and business rules for all processes.
- Support production engineers in non-mechanical failure analysis. Provide guidance on failure cause and recommendations on a path forward based on historical information.
- Provide guidance for major repairs/interventions and scope changes to execution plan. Liaise with production engineer, process engineers, surface reliability engineers, and reliability operators, as needed, on systems and/or process impacted.
- Conduct failure/root cause analysis for all failures. Identity countermeasures, develop recommendations to be executed, and track countermeasures to completion.
- Deep dive into common failures types and/or utilize data analytics to process information and identify pro-active solution for reliability or business improvements to reduce down time.
- Propose and execute pilots to improve reliability and/or production. Monitor, track, and evaluate the results and deliver recommendations to management on field implementation.
- Support vendor SQDC for key pieces of equipment utilized in the field. Create action plans to remediate off target results and verify action(s) are completed and work with vendors to reduce cost and promote continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain standards for artificial lift equipment operation, well repairs, and equipment repair/reuse and teardown. Update and improve standards based on review of failure information and feedback from field.
- Create and maintain lists of preferred equipment for all parts of the artificial lift system (i.e. pumps, tubing, rods, wellheads, etc.)
- Support subsurface execution team in deep diving cost overspend and underspend, determine root causes, and support implementation of countermeasures.
- Provide in-field support for critical equipment failures and ensure appropriate data is gathered for failure analysis.
- Create new EBS signals or support improvements of existing signals that directly relate to subsurface activity.
- Lead management of change request for field changes and be a technical authority for MOC process changes related to subsurface equipment.
- Support wellbore integrity management program.
- Assist with the develop of autonomous maintenance standards related to subsurface equipment.
- Execute and/or support major life cycle change projects that are related to subsurface value streams (i.e. new artificial lift types). Provide input on changes to existing standard equipment.
- Interact with field personnel through leader standard work activities and feedback information to team for process improvements
- Knowledge of mechanical/I&E/static/subsurface equipment
- Field operations experience (e.g., production engineer, process engineer)
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft, SAP, Spotfire, SQL/data mining)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills with attention to detail and process improvements
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision in a diverse, multidiscipline team environment
- Bachelors of Science degree in mechanical engineering, petroleum engineering, or equivalent in conjunction with training and experience
- Proficient skills in all Microsoft office products
- Preferred, but not required, knowledge in analytics tools like Spotfire, SQL
- Knowledgeable in Wellview and XSPOC
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with focus in problem solving and attention to details.
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision across multiple groups
- Minimum of 3+ years of production/operations experience (i.e. ideal candidate would have 1+ year of artificial lift related experience)
- Continuous Improvement – 30%
- Process Execution – 10%
- Problem Solving / Decision Making – 50%
- Leadership / Coaching – 10%
- Field Time (“go see”, meetings/collaboration) – 70%
- Desk Time (admin, invoices, data analysis, emails) – 30%
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.