Date: Jan 15, 2019
Location: Minot, North Dakota, US
ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct root cause analyses (RCA), according to business rules, confirm implementation and effectiveness of countermeasures, and establishing priority for performed work based on data-driven approach.
- Develop and optimize equipment maintenance and inspection strategies and standard work instructions.
- Assist in the development of autonomous maintenance processes in collaboration with process engineers and reliability operators.
- Analyze the predictive maintenance data and initiate follow-on corrective work.
- Develop and optimize equipment repair, spares strategies, and standards.
- Assigned to specific equipment: Fixed Equipment (Tanks, Vessels, Valves, etc.)
- Provide reliability and maintainability input to the design of new projects, standardization and selection of equipment/parts and components.
- Provide technical authority input and expert advice for Management of Changes, fitness for service, repair specifications (major equip), deferrals, and barrier failures.
- Provides coaching on reliability and maintainability of equipment processes
- Align with contractors to reduce cost and promote continuous improvement initiatives
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment
- Field operations experience (e.g., process engineer, facilities engineer)
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft, SAP)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills with attention to detail and process improvements
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision in a diverse, multidiscipline team environment
- Minimum 2+ years relevant experience preferred
- Bachelors of Science degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Continuous Improvement – 30%
- Process Execution – 10%
- Problem Solving / Decision Making – 50%
- Leadership / Coaching – 10%
- Field Time (“go see”, meetings/collaboration) – 70%
- Desk Time (admin, invoices, data analysis, emails) – 30%
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Brad Janik | Employee | Facilities & Projects | United States| North Dakota | Minot | | | | | No | 25009