Date: Nov 25, 2018
Location: Killdeer, North Dakota, US
ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs equipment surveillance and first-level response.
- Operates equipment and understands process controls & flow (start up, shut down).
- Captures work activities (EBS, autonomous maintenance, corrective maintenance, predictive maintenance, etc.) accurately in the system
- Responsible for engaging in safe work practices; review a safe work permit and walkthroughs
- Accountable for accuracy of production and injection reporting
- Responsible for executing continuous SQDCM improvement activities, such as identify opportunities for problem solving and improvements
- Maintain regulatory requirements such as BLM, Flaring, VOC emissions
- Ensuring compliance of chemical programs – types of chemical treatments and appropriate use base knowledge needed
- Clearly communicates and works with contractors to comply with applicable Hess policies and procedures
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Industrial / oilfield experience
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft, SAP)
- Mechanical aptitude
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of safety requirements and practices
Education, Training & Certifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Continuous Improvement – 10%
- Process Execution – 60%
- Problem Solving / Decision Making – 25%
- Leadership / Coaching –5%
- Field Time (“go see”, meetings/collaboration) – 90%
- Desk Time (admin, invoices, data analysis, emails) – 10%
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.