- Req ID: R6823
- Date Posted: 01/04/2019
US Remote – CO | Englewood – Inverness Drive South | Rockville – Gaither Road | Houston – 1801 W. Sam Houston | Englewood – Inverness Way East | Houston – Enclave Pkwy | Houston – Office City Drive | Houston – The Woodlands | Houston – West Little York | Boulder – 5775 Flatiron Pkwy
PointLogic is seeking an entrepreneurial, creative, flexible and motivated individual to assist in the development of new analytic product in the natural gas sector. This position will report to our Vice President of Analysis [Director]. This individual will develop high-level analysis, maintain and create new sector and regional level natural gas demand models and further develop and maintain natural gas storage estimation models. The position will also be responsible for all written interpretation and analysis of sector and industry trends and conclusions derived from in-house fundamentals and modeled data. She or he will need to effectively communicate market developments, methodologies and assumptions behind our forecasts and projections and support for our conclusions. The person in this role will frequently represent the company to the industry, clients and prospects, including making presentations at events and via webinars and conducting demonstrations of our products.
- Helps develop, manage and maintain the accuracy of the fundamentals data that drives our analysis.
- Assists in development, planning and management of analytical products, including frequent written analysis of industry trends and market patterns.
- Helps develop and manage sophisticated short- and long-term demand models, storage models with a full understanding of their relationship to price.
- Work with IHS Markit colleagues to leverage off their in-house capabilities and identify opportunities to incorporate such data into PLE and IHS product offerings.
- Maintains expert knowledge of oil, natural gas or NGL market supply as it relates to demand and storage of natural gas.
- Conducts market research and analysis to fill in the gaps and draw conclusions not readily identifiable in our data.
- Works with the product development team to drive new analytics product from proposal to delivery and manages those products.
- Maintains relationships with key users and other energy executives to ensure we are frequently taking the pulse of the industry and serving its needs.
- Conducts regular webinars and represents the company and products at industry events as an attendee and, preferably, a speaker.
- Represents the company and products to clients and sales prospects and supports client services and sales as needed.
- Understand completely, before content is produced, how it will be used and valued by clients and how it will drive profit for our business.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Strong individual contributor with consultative style and aptitude for collaboration and teamwork.
- Skilled at working across multi-disciplinary functions and departments.
- Ability to organize and present complex analysis and conclusions in a PowerPoint slide format.
- Ability and willingness to promptly respond to customer requests for data and analysis.
- Proficient in collecting, querying, organizing and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and drawing logical conclusions.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Specialized knowledge of energy industry business management, operations and traded commodity markets.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, working under time pressure and to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Seeks increased responsibilities and takes advantage of opportunities.
- Inherent knowledge of mathematical and statistical concepts and research methods.
- Previous public speaking experience preferred.
- Previous product development experience, including the compilation of requirements and specifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, economics, business, finance, mathematics or related field of study or commensurate experience.
- 3-5 years of work experience in energy, with at least half of that time in oil and gas.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Understanding of social media and a firm knowledge of e-marketing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products, Excel, PowerPoint and Word. SQL and statistical programming experience (MATLAB, R, Eviews, Stata) preferred.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy