- Req ID: 89929
- Date Posted: 02/06/2018
Singapore – Singapore
IHS Markit is seeking to appoint a high-caliber Director of Consulting to join company’s fast-growing Asia Pacific Power, Gas, Renewables and Coal (APAC PGCR) group to lead its consulting practice. This position offers a significant opportunity to the successful candidate in a highly respected company that is looking for a leader during an exciting period of growth.
IHS Markit’s PGCR practice investigates the strategic issues facing the region’s energy market development and helps clients navigate an exciting yet highly uncertain market landscape via both retainer research and consulting.
- Lead IHS Markit’s Asia PGCR consulting practice, with a focus on business development
- Maintain regular contacts with regional clients to identify, qualify and develop new consulting opportunities
- Lead project teams from proposal development to content delivery and maintain high-level of customer delight
- Ensure high degree of internal and external stakeholder alignment across the IHS Markit organization
- Integrate consulting work with the expansive PGCR research and analytical coverage
- Collaborate with other IHS Markit business lines to generate cross-sectoral consulting opportunities and create revenue synergies
- A consummate team player, the candidate will be at ease in the fast pace of a research and consulting business, where timelines are varied and deadlines rigorous.
- Acute awareness to potential commercial opportunities and the ability to help both the client and internal IHS colleagues in refining and qualifying those opportunities
- Well-demonstrated track record of effective project development, planning, and execution
- Entrepreneurial and self-starting, motivated to build new relationships and raise one’s profile and that of the team amongst clients and peers.
- Extremely organized to track revenue progress against company financial plan
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to ensure project objectives and targets are met
- Ability to navigate the vast expertise at IHS Markit and secure the right resources for consulting engagements.
- Superb communications and interpersonal skills – in speaking/presenting as well as written English
- Ability to lead project teams to ensure that high-quality work is done on time and within budget
- Highly skilled in quantitative methods including most-often used models and tools
- Excellent attention to detail
- A minimum of 8 years of energy consulting experience in the gas and power sectors
- Strong track record in business development and relationship building
- Presentation experience in senior and executive environment
- Proven teamwork experience in a matrix organization
- Relevant industry experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree relevant areas, e.g., economics, business, engineering;
- Preference given to advanced degree holders.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disability/Veterans. Please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster & Supplement, Right to Work and Pay Transparency Policy. IHS Markit is a participant in E-Verify (see links below). We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing.
If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.