CGG is a recognized leader in subsurface imaging and our international teams are dedicated to solving our clients’ complex challenges. Come and join us to help build the most stunning images of the Earth’s subsurface, using our massive computers capability. Thanks to our talented people and in-house technology, CGG is unique in the geoscience sector.
Your primary responsibility will be to develop new, innovative solutions to industry-plaguing problems. You will work closely with Software Engineers to develop accurate software solutions for imaging the subsurface. You may work independently or as part of a team, but always in collaboration with Seismic Imagers, remaining in-tune with production demands and industry trends. You may be asked to present your work and results internally and externally, as well as support operations in the deployment and improvement of new imaging techniques.
Must have current U.S. work authorization or qualify for sponsorship.
- PhD in Geophysics, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics or Physics
- Capable of abstracting geophysical concepts with mathematical languages
- Excellent coding skills with FORTRAN and/or C/C++
- Knowledge of high performance computation is preferred (MPI, multi-threading, GPU, etc.)
- Knowledge of geophysics and seismic imaging preferred, but not essential
- Experience with cross-platform development preferred, but not essential
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our focus on performance and passion for innovation are powered by people
Our greatest resource is you
Why work at CGG?
- The imaging technology designed by CGG helps produce accurate subsurface images and minimize drilling risks. Research Geophysicists design and develop solutions to challenging imaging problems that make this possible.
- You will work with highly intelligent and motivated internal clients who are industry leaders in seismic imaging technology development and application. We are top-notch in imaging, and our people want top-notch technology too.
- We have an energetic and challenging-yet-fun work environment, full of imaging problems to be solved and technologies to be developed.
- You’ll often see the fruits of your labor in action very quickly – time from initial idea to release is usually very quick. However, some of our projects are definitely long-term, so you would get a taste of that, too.
- Competitive compensation with a monthly, performance-based bonus program.
- Full health benefits and 401(k) employer-matching.
- Excellent training and mentorship programs.
- Our Houston office features an onsite gym, fully stocked break rooms, pool and/or table tennis tables on every floor, catered lunches three days a week, plus breakfast on Fridays. We take care of our biggest asset – our people.