Muscat – Shell Development Oman, Oman
Skillpool group: Petroleum Engineering
Reference ID: 104522BR
The Reservoir Engineer is part of the Field Development Team that consists of Petroleum Engineers and Geoscientists responsible for the planning, execution, review, and reporting on field developments and hydrocarbon maturation of a portfolio of tight gas fields in Oman.
- Evaluate the reservoir engineering related measurements from new and existing wells (interpret well tests, pressure build ups, production logging tool measurement, fluids sampling, etc)
- Together with other subsurface disciplines, construct dynamic reservoir simulation models to test subsurface development options and uncertainties. Generate production forecast feeding into economic analysis and development concept decisions.
- Construct and update the surface network to capture the gas delivery to customers.
- Review the performance of producing wells and compare these with planned performance and benchmark against to worldwide experience and best practise.
- Review the performance of well stimulations, fracture parameters and inflow characterization, and align these reviews with the Production Technologists and other disciplines (skin, effective fracture length, connectivity, etc.)
- Characterize the well, reservoir and field performance, (inflow performance, formation damage, drainage areas and fluid characterization),
- Liaise with the other engineers and disciplines in the Development Team into a common understanding of actual performance, predicted performance, and reserves evaluation.
- Contribute to the overall hydrocarbon maturation strategy including proposals for further appraisal and development drilling and for reservoir engineering related measurements in new and existing wells.
- Contribute to reporting of subsurface hydrocarbon resources and reviews and assured in compliance with internal procedure and external guidelines and regulations.
- Prepare reservoir engineering material in support of technical meetings with joint venture partner and industry regulator.