Muscat – Shell Development Oman, Oman
Skillpool group: Petroleum Engineering
Reference ID: 104493BR
The Reservoir Engineer Operations is part of the well delivery team which consists of Petroleum Engineers and geoscientists. They are responsible for the maturation of well proposals and well functional specifications. Their task also includes the evaluation of subsurface data in support of data acquisition operations for exploration, appraisal and development drilling.
- Provide the reservoir engineering deliverables for the maturation of well proposals including pore pressure predictions, subsurface data gathering plans and well test objectives, including detailed well test proposals.
- Deliver a detailed programme for formation testing, fluid sampling, testing (flow rates, time and measurements requirements).
- Prepare time estimates for the stimulation (fraccing) and testing programs.
- Support the well delivery and well engineering teams during operations, where necessary including site visits.
- Evaluate early results of wells to facilitate operational decision making in next wells.
- Review safety critical data per well (pressure/ temperature, losses, predictions versus actual) and capture learnings and ensure incorporation into future wells.
- Contribute to the reservoir engineering section of End-of-Well Reports including overviews of the execution, and close out review for all reservoir engineering activities on wells delivered by the Delivery team;
- Set up and maintain a system to store programmes, results and reviews.
- Set up, and maintain, a database for well data including safety critical data and ensure this data is available to the development team
- Annually review the performance of wells delivered against plan and identify improvements in the well design and the process of well delivery
- Define and agree the key performance indicators for wells and define and agree the handover plan with the development team.
- Ensure compliance to relevant corporate Subsurface Design and Engineering Practices.
- Ensure corporate reservoir engineering standards and procedures are upheld and adhered to.
- Ensure integration of reservoir engineering work with other subsurface disciplines.
- Be the contract holder for fluid sampling, formation testing and well testing.
- Provide reservoir engineering input to support Shell management in the shareholder meetings
- Training and coaching of junior staff in the well delivery team.