In all environments, we acquire process and interpret surveys that provide our clients with a comprehensive understanding of their subsurface targets and geological settings. We deliver our unique expertise in geoscience technology and project management through our three complementary business activities: Equipment, Acquisition and GGR (Geology, Geophysics & Reservoir).
The Reservoir Geologist will be part of GeoConsulting’s Houston based Interpretation Team and thus will be required to closely liaise and co-ordinate with the other disciplines that are already part of the Team, namely RoqScan interpretation and Petroleum Geochemistry. The overall aim is that the team is able to provide a fully integrated value proposition to the customer. In addition closer alignment with the SRC, Petrophysics and Geomechanics interpretation teams will further benefit CGG’s capabilities.
Key Job Responsibilities
The candidate will need to be able to demonstrate project management, leadership and mentoring skills and will need to be able to demonstrate innovative solutions to Clients needs and requirements and apply principles of financial and resource management.
- To assist in the building of an incremental reservoir geological revenue and profit stream based out of our Houston site.
- To market and develop standalone reservoir geological projects and integrated proprietary and multiclient projects.
- To work closely with, support and fully comprehend the disciplines of RoqScan (automated mineralogy), Petroleum Geochemistry, Seismic Reservoir Characterization and Petrophysics and aid in the development of integrated solution offered to customers.
- To understand our GeoMechanics and reservoir capabilities such that we can further develop our integrated offering to the customers.
- Be proficient in standard sedimentological observational and recording skills such as sedimentological core logging at various scales, facies analysis, depositional modelling and mineralogy for a range of clastic and carbonate depositional settings.
- Have a good understanding of formation evaluation and basic rock properties and their relation to the reservoir and the wellbore environment.
- Apply sequence stratigraphy principles to interpreat 2D and 3D seismic data.
- Have a good understanding of structural geology.
- Be proficient at geological mapping and provenance analysis/interpretation.
- Have an understanding of automated mineralogical techniques and basic petroleum geochemistry theory.
- Apply principles of financial and resource management in budgeting and project management to provide consistent profitability.
- As with all employees, be responsible for Quality and HSE.
- Actively promote effective interpersonal relationships at all levels both internally and externally to develop new business.
- Act as or aim to become a recognised expert in the field of Reservoir Geology and be able to provide an understanding of other relevant disciplines when required.
- Have full, up to date technical knowledge and awareness of the subject matter and in particular, US Unconventional Resource Plays.
- Manage project based work requiring a high level of individual initiative to manage proprietary studies and probably interpret data from multiple geological sources.
- Offer authoritative advice and guidance to clients and colleagues in a stand-alone capacity.
- Give presentations at conferences or in client offices.
- Though largely office based (Houston) there will be involvement in client contact for project related work and promotional reasons, which will result in travel within predominantly North America, but also South America as the business grows.
Required Education & Experience:
- 5+ years Oil Company and/or consultancy experience with a strong technical background in petroleum geology.
- Minimum Earth Sciences BSc plus an MSc or PhD in a relevant geoscience discipline.
- Good knowledge of US Unconventional Resource Plays.
- Ability to demonstrate strong team work and project management.
- Familiarity with industry standard software (Spotfire, Easycore, SQL databases) and good database/IT skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.