Req ID 87372BR
Job category Human Resources
Countries (State/Region) South East
Location United Kingdom – South East – Sunbury
The Resourcing Specialist has primary accountability for partnering with HR Business Partners (‘HRBPs’) and Line Managers to achieve agreed HR People Plan objectives, both personally and through management of the resourcing function in region.
This specialist role acts as subject matter expert to HRBPs / line managers for all in region recruitment and staffing (excluding graduate rotation and development).
The role will support one or more of BP’s corporate functions with the sourcing of permanent staff into the UK based team. This individual will be responsible for managing the end to end recruitment process from role definition through to on-boarding as well as being a member of numerous key resourcing projects.
- Accountable for the development of a resourcing strategy for assigned client group(s) by analysing market data including talent availability, trends and competitor data
- Participate in the full recruitment lifecycle including role definition, candidate sourcing, interviewing, selection, offer and on-boarding
- Responsible for managing our cost per hire by sourcing directly via social media and other internal and external channels e.g. LinkedIn, Job Boards
- Ensure the strategy is deliverable within budget and make recommendations to ensure that the Resourcing strategy reflects commitment to D&I and candidate experience
- Assist with the development and implementation of an effective attraction strategy for a client group
- Review CV’s/application forms against requirements and create a shortlist for interview or review by a hiring manager, meeting all Service Level Agreement targets and in line with equal opportunities policies / laws.
- Conduct initial phone screens and participate interviews for mid to senior level roles in assigned client group(s), making use of appropriate tools such as DPIG and working to agreed selection criteria
- Work closely with HR Business partners in developing and delivering job offers to candidates
- Develops knowledge and experience of competitors, market intelligence and trends in recruitment.
- Primary accountability for ATS (Applicant Tracking System) data integrity and accuracy
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Essential experience and job requirements
- Knowledge and experience of recruiting in the UK market for multiple job disciplines
- Able to show specific examples of applying a variety of sourcing techniques (direct sourcing, building PSLs, recruitment advertising, web tools, ERP etc).
- Experience in developing and delivering recruitment MI on a regular basis
- Detailed knowledge of operating applicant tracking systems ideally Brass Ring or similar
- A strong awareness of brand management and the employee value proposition
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- The ability to engage all levels of the organisation with credibility and respect of for peers, team leaders and external parties
- In-house recruitment experience managing volume permanent recruitment
- Significant direct sourcing experience
- A genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Ability to manage multiple agendas for competing demands at any one time
- Ability to work towards agreed targets with minimal supervision
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
To remain one of the world’s premier integrated oil companies, BP recognises that it needs a highly respected, high performing, world class HR function which combines the provision of strategic advice to business leaders with efficient and effective transactional support to managers and employees. The HR function does this through the development and delivery of well executed HR services and by defining standards, policies and processes to help ensure we have the right people in the right roles when we need them, motivated and able to deliver outstanding performance. This is achieved by delivering business partnering and support; operational excellence; people data and core HR processes; governance, policy and coherence and ensuring that we have an effective system of HR compliance and controls in line with regulatory requirements and company policies and standards and by creating coherence in core HR areas. We are looking for talented, committed HR professionals who can work with the business to deliver the right people solutions that create competitive advantage to the organisation.
Corporate & Functions