The SCADA Manager is responsible for designing and maintaining all SCADA systems, from the initial planning stages through completion, delivery and operational support. The SCADA Manager will lead the implementation of new projects. They will improve the productivity, reliability, and safety of existing SCADA systems through engineering optimization, talent development, and operational advancements. Through the effective use of automation and controls engineering practices, the SCADA Manager will direct the remote monitoring and control of company assets both safely and efficiently. Travel for attending planning and review meetings, strategic planning, field site visits, safety training and workshops will be required to company locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following represents the majority of the duties performed by the position, but is not meant to be at all-inclusive nor prevent other duties from being assigned when necessary:
- Provides the full operational efficiency, innovation and technological advancement of SCADA throughout the organization
- Collaborates closely with the automation team to ensure efficient and timely product delivery
- Develops and maintains detailed development timelines, budgets and goals for both current and future SCADA projects
- Provides the development and management of team talent, developing people’s learning and growth while balancing resources and deadlines to ensure the highest value for the Company
- Responsible for the design, construction, maintenance and troubleshooting of all SCADA systems and development projects from conception through completion
- Manages the daily activities of ongoing projects, including outside vendors, while ensuring compliance with all EH&S guidelines
- Ensure collaboration with various groups including Midstream and Production operations personnel to optimize SCADA capabilities
- Works closely with multiple groups such as Midstream, Production, Automation, Innovation, Data Science, IT and Technology teams to further maximize SCADA systems
- Works closely with technical support groups, as well as field operators and technicians, to improve SCADA operations and support Cimarex’s current initiatives
- Other tasks as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Candidate must reside in the Tulsa, OK area or be willing to relocate to the Tulsa area.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field required
- Minimum of 10-15 years of experience in a related role
- Ability to develop cost estimates, develop P&IDs, review design packages, and communicate effectively with construction and operations personnel
- Working knowledge of automation and controls engineering practices and procedures
- Strong understanding of PLC, RTU, and HMI programming
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with Ignition
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access, Power Point and Project)
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task with attention to accuracy
- Must be a team player that possesses the ability to adapt to a changing and fast paced work environment
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is typically performed inside an office environment. Incumbents must be able to perform work, which requires typing, sitting, standing and walking. Exposure to conditions such as extreme heat or cold is not typical, but due to the nature of work is a strong possibility. In the event that employee is required to physically visit areas where actual operations are occurring, such as construction locations, drilling locations or producing well-sites, personal protective equipment including, but not limited to head protection, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety shoes, and flame-resistant clothing is required. Safety rules including OSHA and DOT requirements are strictly enforced. Employees must be willing to travel and work extended hours on short notice.
Cimarex Energy Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.