Date: Oct 31, 2018
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US, 73118
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
This entry-level position is responsible for designing and measuring geomechanical/chemical/physical properties for unconventional natural gas and oil reservoirs, under general supervision.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies what is needed for a project and works with business partners to achieve project objectives.
- Presents analytical data to other groups and labs.
- Brings together multiple technical and experience areas to support project objectives.
- Leads general RTC tours in specific lab of expertise.
- Reports on project status and updates to lab staff and management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Skills
- Basic understanding of header information and well logs.
- Demonstrates analytical behavior; pays close attention to detail and problem solver.
- Knowledge of Spot Fire, Adobe Reader, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of specific software applications necessary to run analytical equipment and process data.
Minimum: High school diploma or GED
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree – from accredited university – Geology, Geochemistry, Physical Science or related field
Preferred: Master’s degree – from accredited university – Geology, Geochemistry, Physical Science or related field
Minimum: 0 – 2 years related work experience
- Experience with operating load frames preferred.
- Familiarity with rock mechanics terms, processes, and procedures preferred.
- Understanding of geoscience and geologic terms preferred.
- Knowledge of core handling and processing preferred.
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: Geology, Scientific, Chemical Research, Engineering, Entry Level