- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 11/27/2018 11:55:09 AM
- Job #: 3216390
- Location(s): United States; Oklahoma; Oklahoma City
As a Senior Controls and Instrumentation Systems Engineer located at the Energy Innovation Center (EIC) in Oklahoma City, you will work with the EIC team to solve customer challenges in the oil and gas industry. You will provide systems engineering support on systems, major system elements and/or interfacing systems
You will assist in the development of strategic and implementation plans for develop instrumentation, and control systems for various innovations developed for the Oil & Gas industry. Key focus areas will include hardware selection and implementation, programming, device communications, and data analytics. The EIC is BHGE’s research division developing the next generation digital industrial technologies for product offerings in predominately the oil & gas industry. This hands-on position will be part of a cross disciplinary team working on research and customer-facing development projects, typically involving complex engineered equipment deployed in challenging operating environments.
In the role of Senior Controls & Instrumentation Engineer, you will:
- Be responsible for management, production and implementation of data acquisition devices such as the aerial based sensory systems and ground based sensory systems
- Design, program and produce sensor packages for gas emissions measurements as well as optical systems
- Develop analytical methods for processing data sets in real-time
- Review, evaluates and analyze design interfaces
- Prepare, review and evaluate interface documentation, specifications, test plans and requirements
- Support system test programs and analyzes system testing
- Design / evaluate instrumentation, automation and control system hardware architecture including specification of critical components and their communication protocols
- Deploy instrumentation and controls systems in field tests
- Work with customers, engineers and data scientists to develop and validate hybrid physicsdata driven analytics within well-defined projects to address customer needs and opportunities
- Work with technical teams in development, deployment and application of analytics
- Generate / review hardware layouts, drawings, block diagrams, reports, annotated code and other project artifacts to document, archive
and communicate the work and outcomes
- Influence from a technical standpoint across the function and business
- Bachelors Degree in STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of industrial and/or research experience
- Travel 20% of the time, as required
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
- Masters in Engineering, Computer Science, Math or Science
- Industrial / research work experience of 10 years or more
- Certified as a commercial drone pilot by FAA
- Fluent in programing languages including C, C++, Embedded C, Java, Fortran, Assembly, Python, Verilog and Verilog HDL
- Fluent in program design, flow and large scale creation including implementation of internal / external server systems and associated security protocols
- Experience in hardware / software implementation through full scale commercial production of a product
- Demonstrated use and expertise in SCADA systems
- Extensive knowledge of control system hardware components including real-time controllers, control valves, Edge Devices, PLCs, PCs, HMI hardware, modems, switches, Data Acquisition hardware, Analog and Digital I/O
- Strong experience in programming control systems, open / closed loop control and non-linear systems
- Knowledge of engineering analysis methods, mechanical & electrical systems and software systems
- Experience incorporating engineering analytics or advanced data-driven analytics into control system software
- Proficient written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to develop technical requirements based upon proactive analysis of customer needs
- Demonstrated ability to work in highly collaborative, cross-functional environments
- Experience with various communications protocols including modbus and EGD
- Working knowledge of advanced analytics methods (machine learning, advanced statistics, optimization, estimation, etc.)
- Experience in oil and gas industry and familiarity with unconventional oil & gas asset technologies
- Experience in Oil & Gas Industry applications
- Experience in mechanical system dynamics modeling, simulation and systems characterization
- Effective teaming and problem-solving abilities with strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proven ability to think customer-first and effectively prioritize and pivot as required
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Oklahoma; Oklahoma City
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.