BUSINESS: Aerospace & Defense (A&D)
DIRECT REPORTING: Manager of Engineering
CIRCOR Aerospace Inc. (CAI)
CIRCOR Aerospace is a fast-growing company known for its ability to provide highly engineered technology, service and system solutions to a range of aerospace and associated markets.
Globally focused with strategic facilities on four continents, we offer a range of products, components and integrated systems that are found on most commercial and military aircraft, as well as on unmanned aircraft, military ground vehicles, shipboard applications and spacecraft. Core product lines include: fluid control, landing gear and actuation, and electro-mechanical control.
CIRCOR Aerospace & Defense, Hauppauge, NY
The Hauppauge NY facility, manufactures and supplies engineered critical control components and sub-systems based on customer requirements to the aerospace and medical equipment markets. A new lean manufacturing facility, features a class 10K clean room for flight cri b tical pressure regulators, model line cells for pneumatic weapons release systems, centrifuge production line for blood separation technologies, and an additional production area for kinetic switch components and modules.
KEY PRODUCTS/ APPLICATIONS
- Kinetic Switches
- Pneumatic Power Modules
- Landing Gear Blowdown
- High Pressure Regulators
- Pneumatic UAV Rail & Tube Launchers
- Blood / Plasma Centrifuges
- Pneumatic Pinch Valves
MAJOR INDUSTRIES SERVED
- Aerospace Military and Commercial
Primary purpose of the job is to execute assigned design work to support engineering project activity.
Responsibilities include the conceptual design and development of kinetic switches as well as some limited pneumatic fluid power control products (i.e. regulators, valves, etc.). Accurately interprets customer specifications to design and develop aerospace qualified hardware.
Designs specialized kinetic switches using computer aided design and drafting (CADD) tools to meet customer requests; and collaborates as necessary to generate details, assembly drawings, models, bills of materials (BOM), associated production and development procedures/reports.
- Works with Sales, Engineering project team members and Engineering management to ascertain compliance of kinetic switches to the technical specifications, request for quotations (RFQ) and statement of work (SOW).
- Generates design modifications to existing switch designs, which will satisfy a new customer driven design requirement(s).
- Creates a new designs which are based on proven products, but may require scaling and/or geometrical changes that will meet new design requirements.
- Provides design solutions to manufacturing problems and sustaining business.
- Coordinates and/or prepares the creation of production drawings and documentation.
- Reviews, coordinates and/or drafts procedures for hardware development, acceptance and qualification testing.
- Provides technical and supervisory guidance to the personnel assigned to support the project, including proposal and development work.
- Directs building of prototypes and development hardware.
- Coordinates and directs the required design/technical activities for assigned projects as assigned by the cognizant engineer(s).
- Collaborates with Design Engineers or be able to perform all their activities.
- Completes forms and relevant documentation within the Engineering department for procurement, fabrication and testing.
- Performs and/or verifies engineering testing/calculations to meet performance and safety margins.
- Prepares and presents information package, including all typical supplier document requirement list (SDRL), for internal design reviews.
- Develops, maintains and tracks project schedules.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Experience in design of detail mechanical components/control valves
- Some project management.
- Technical Writing – Acceptance Test Procedures, Design Reports, Qualification Test Procedure/Reports.
- Hands-On Experience – Assembly, setup and testing, troubleshooting, laboratory testing
- An interest in problem solving and continuous improvement, but no prior experience is required as training will be provided.
- Experience working with switches is a plus
- Electrical testing, precision testing using meters
- Experience or an understanding of circuit boards is a plus
- Design application
- CADD – Solidworks knowledge is preferred.
- Stress analysis – ANSYS/FEA knowledge is preferred
- Manufacturing Practices (preferred) – Machining, welding, stamping, molding, etc.
- The job holder should have an outgoing personality and be comfortable dealing with customers and internal personnel at all levels.
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Team contributor
- US Persons Only (US citizens, lawful permanent residents, refugee or asylee – all require proper identification and documentation).
- Physical and Environmental Requirements: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Work environment includes front-office and manufacturing.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Pre-Employment Verifications: Must pass background and reference checks, drug screen, and physical examination prior to employment.
- We are an E-Verify participant.
Education & Experience
- Requires a BSME degree.
- 5 years minimum experience in the design and development of mechanical assemblies.
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities