SENIOR DESIGN ENGINEER IN COIMBATORE AT CIRCOR CAREER SITE
BUSINESS: Aerospace & Defense
DIRECT REPORTING: Manager, Engineering
This person and will be responsible for performing linear, nonlinear steady state & transient stress analysis, fatigue analysis, vibration analysis for Hydraulic valves and Manifold systems. She/he should be a highly motivated individual and is expected to work with minimal direction.
- Interact with global Design Engineering teams of CIRCOR to understand objectives, identify relevance of FEA analysis for the case at hand, interpret physics involved, determine most suitable meshing strategy & solver schemes to address them, execute the analysis independently using the available software and finally recommend design improvements based on the simulated results.
- Enthusiastically participate in preliminary, informal and formal analysis as required by the customers.
- Should be able to defend analysis results in all the internal and end customers reviews
- Prepare technical reports of analysis with good documentation procedures.
- Prepare concise presentations and communicate results to internal customers or in some cases directly with the end customers.
- Handle multiple projects at the same time and prioritize work efficiently.
- Update work status to reporting manager and assist in planning/ prioritizing works.
- Record, collate and prepare the time sheet, metrics data for on-time delivery, quality (first time right), productivity, utilization KPIs and report on weekly/monthly basis as suggested by the reporting manager.
- Establish standard operating procedures and best practices.
- Stay abreast of technological enhancements in the FEA analysis area, and recommend new methods and products to enhance the accuracy, quality, and ease of use of FEA analysis “tools.”
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Exposure to CAD software to edit input solid models / build simple models.
- Strong knowledge of Fluid mechanics, Heat transfer & Thermal Engineering.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capability (8D, 3A) to understand the problem at hand and come up with quick and innovative solutions.
- Strong hands-on experience with FEA tools such as ANSYS, Abacus, Solid works simulations, Nastran etc.
- Good communication skills to interact with global teams of CIRCOR.
- Positive attitude towards issues, problems and challenges
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and impact change.
- Well organized.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along well with diverse personalities; tactful, mature, flexible.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and team building skills and able to manage multiple projects in a rapidly changing environment.
- Self –motivated, highly inquisitive with natural instinct to solve the ambiguous problems.
- Education: B.E / B.Tech Mechanical Engineering
- Experience: Must have of 6-9 years in FEA analysis including pre-processing, processing and post processing
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities