Are you a dynamic, talented and experienced engineer with an aptitude for analytical work? Then we want to meet you!
Our Aberdeen office is looking for a high-calibre engineer to carry out structural design and dynamic analysis of riser systems and subsea structures.
If you are proactive, have excellent written communication skills, are confident in verbal communication with colleagues and clients through daily interaction and presentations, can work individually and as part of a project team, and are motivated to learn in a fast-paced, challenging work environment, then 2H may be the place for you.
As a senior engineer, you will be responsible for performing and supervising the engineering and verification of risers, well casings and subsea structures, whilst considering fabrication, installation and in-service loading using specialist state-of-the-art software and design calculations. You will be expected to deliver high-quality technical reports and presentations to our clients, as well as lead junior engineers.
- Minimum 2.1 degree in engineering (civil, mechanical, structural, etc.), mathematics, physics, or similar
- Experience within the offshore oil and gas sector beneficial, but applicants from other industries will be considered
- Previous experience in the use of mechanical and/or structural finite element or numerical analysis techniques
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for solving challenging engineering problems
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to take responsibility and ownership of tasks
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- 25 days holiday (increasing during length of service)
- Life assurance
- Flexible working hours
- Affiliated training schemes for engineering chartership (including IMechE, ICE and IMarEST)
- Opportunities to travel to and work at client sites and facilities (onshore and offshore)
- Opportunities to visit and work in 2H offices around the world
- Cycle scheme
- Great work environment
- Fun social activities and team building events
How to Apply
Please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.