- Bergen, Stavanger, Stjørdal, Trondheim
- Equinor ASA
- Operation & Maintenance
- Bachelor or Master’s degree
- 5 – 7 Years
- May 1 2019
We’re Equinor, an international energy company with a proud history. Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil, gas, wind and solar energy in more than 30 countries worldwide. We’re the largest operator in Norway, among the world’s largest offshore operators, and a growing force in renewables. Driven by our Nordic urge to explore beyond the horizon, and our dedication to safety, equality and sustainability, we’re building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
Development and Production Norway (DPN) is, an operator and partner on the Norwegian continental shelf (NCS); responsible for managing the NCS resources in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner; to create value for our owners, suppliers and the people of Norway. Equinor has today a solid position on the NCS. We have fields of all sizes, from giants such as Troll, Statfjord and Gullfaks, to small fast-track projects tied to existing infrastructure. Equinor’s ambition is to ensure at least 60% recovery from the NCS. Our products are marketed and sold on the global market, and our production has made Norway one of the world’s leading oil and gas exporters. Our top priority is safe, efficient and sustainable operation to pursue our long-term profitable production from the NCS.
Operations Technology (OTE) is a strong muscle in Equinor. Together with operations we ensure safe, efficient and competitive operation of our installations. We contribute heavily in shaping the future of energy and realizing the potential on the Norwegian continental shelf (NCS).
We are looking for pro-active and experienced automation engineers for operation and maintenance of our offshore installations.
With us you get a wide range of challenging and exciting tasks, both in independent work and as a team player with great opportunities for personal and professional development. Occasional offshore journeys can be expected.
Engineers within Maintenance:
• Participate in operation, maintenance and modifications of offshore communications systems (telecom); planning, programming, configuration and testing.
• Troubleshoot and handle unplanned events
• Participate in operation projects within Offshore Communications Systems
• Plan and ensure quality of delivered tasks
• Ensure co-operation between offshore installations, organization onshore and vendor
• Operational support in co-operation with Integrated Operations Centre
Engineers within Discipline Support:
• Preserve the task as Discipline contact for the platforms
• Maintain technical integrity for telecom equipment on plants
• Maintain professional expertise for the telecom systems
• Support within implementation of modifications
• Perform operational support in co-operation with Integrated Operations Centre, establish and follow-up effective communications for vessels and rigs, in addition to maintenance of equipment associated to air navigation service (FNT) for the company
• Development of condition monitoring that is part of the unit’s maintenance strategy and search for innovative solutions to streamline maintenance
• Follow-up of Government and partner audits
• Proactive within digitalisation
Tasks within the following systems:
Information Technology, alarms/ monitoring, plane/ helicopter and marine navigation/ communications, UHF radio, radio lines, GPS, radar, monitoring, CCTV, digitalisations.
• Master or bachelor’s degree within Telecommunication
• Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experiences form oil and gas industry within Telecommunication
• Understanding of adjoining subject areas and interfaces
• Fluent in English and Norwegian, both oral and written
• Good knowledge regarding requirements within Telecommunication
• Ability to live by “I am safety” expectations and Equinor values
• Understand and manage risk
• Profit-oriented and quality-conscious
• Strong collaboration and communication skills
• Structured, systematic and result oriented
• Ability to identify and implement improvements
• Ability to motivate and provide support
• Creative, proactive, open and flexible
• Dedicated, responsible and motivated
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Equinor wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team. Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.