Date: Nov 3, 2018
Location: Minot, North Dakota, US
ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
ICS Analyst Position would assume the responsibility of maintaining, troubleshooting different ICS systems, such as Iconics Genesis Gen 64-bit and 32-bit SCADA, providing support for enterprise EBS Mobideo, OSI PI, XsPOC.
Position would require the use of SAP, Hess IT Ticket system and adherence to Hess Lean principles and corporate practices.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
ICS Analyst main duties and responsibilities include and not limited to ICONICS SCADA user support, troubleshooting and system maintenance under the supervision of ICS Specialist or ICS team lead. Reviewing system logs, provide system and process metrics to ICS team lead. Processing and creating SAP work orders and notifications, assisting with data register and master alarm database maintenance, performing data validation, submitting PI tag tickets, monitoring Kepware performance, generating and creating SCADA related queries and reports and other Iconics related requests.
Current Projects and initiatives:
- Midstream Obsolescence upgrade, including Midstream Azure SCADA support
- PI tag data validation
- Upstream system review and Iconics upgrade 10.9
- Kepware server upgrade
- Wells and pads alarm rationalization support
- Data register support
- EBS and SAP support
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- A highly motivated individual, a self-starter.
- Ability to recognize problems and efficiently communicate them to the team lead and pears
- Adhere to Lean at Hess principles
- Participate in Hess safety and training programs
- Excellent people skills
- Willingness to take direction and finish up tasks
- Work effectively with others to accomplish organizational goals.
- Basic understanding of industrial automation, including and not limited to field transmitters, PLCs, data flow and industrial communication protocols
- Adherence to Hess PCD Cyber Security policy
- Thorough Understanding of Iconics SCADA suite
- Basic understanding of XSPOC and MSSQL, Kepware
- Basic knowledge of SAP, Excel, Word, Visio, Powerpoint, Outlook and Skype for Business
- Ability to fill in for ICS Specialist as necessary
- Ability to actively participate and conduct meetings as necessary
- Ability to work on call and weekends occasionally
- Associate’s degree/ technical school/ industry certifications , 2-5 years’ experience in Industrial Control Systems, IT, OT highly recommended
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.