Location: Aberdeen, GB
Company: Lloyds Register
Location:Aberdeen : Kingswells Causeway (LR_L000092)
Position Category:Design Appraisal
Department:GB110021 : Compliance Design Appraisal (GB110021)
Position Type:Employee Regular
Education Required:See Job Description
Experience Required:See Job Description
Location: Flexible (preferred locations Aberdeen or Southampton)
Reporting to the Geotechnical Team Leader, the key responsibilities are as follows:
- Undertake design appraisal activities with respect to offshore & onshore foundations, anchors & pipelines to ensure compliance with specified rules, codes, Regulations, standards and specifications within agreed parameters including budget and contractual requirements;
- Ability to perform geotechnical aspects of structural modelling using standard FEA packages such as SACS, USFOS etc.
- To develop technically other employees, as appropriate and share information to achieve effective knowledge transfer and application.
- To contribute to the preparation of bids and tenders for design appraisal projects.
- To conduct activities in line with internal procedures, accreditation schemes, legislation and industry standards.
- Actively participate in relevant training to pursue continuing professional development.
- Assist in development of technical guidance notes, Technical work for papers to be presented at seminars and conferences, co-ordinate technology development projects within LR.
- Ability to work on-site or offshore if required.
To be considered:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in offshore and/or onshore geotechnical engineering;
- Experience in design & analyses of different foundation or anchor types including piles, shallow foundations, pipelines and anchors
- Able to demonstrate ability to apply the basic principles of geotechnical engineering to a wide range of situations and to perform calculations either by hand or using software/spreadsheets.
- Experience in using the main international codes and standards (e.g. ISO , API, Eurocode etc.).
- Experience in using and interpreting the output of appropriate engineering software such as SACS or USFOS.
- Effective communications in written and spoken English with the ability to prepare discuss and present deliverables to a client at a senior level.
- Good communication skills (including technical report writing), the ability to work to tight deadlines and adaptability
- Preferably a higher degree (masters or PhD) specialising in geotechnics.
- Preferably a Chartered Engineer and a member of a recognised professional body for example ICE or IMAREST (or working towards);
- Strong technical and analytical skills;
- Experience in geotechnical finite element software such as Plaxis or seismic design is desirable.
The Lloyd’s Register Group comprises charities and non-charitable companies, with the latter supporting the charities in their main goal of enhancing the safety of life and property, at sea, on land and in the air – for the benefit of the public and the environment. (Group entities)
Job Segment: Geotechnical Engineering, Engineer, Geology, Civil Engineer, Engineering