Date: Nov 2, 2018
Location: Houston, Texas, US
ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in two key U.S. shale plays – the Bakken in North Dakota and the Utica in Ohio. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
The primary responsibility of the Senior IT Analyst is to lead the technical implementation and management of digital data in support of the D&C function within the Bakken asset. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing quality and content of large scales databases and data transfer jobs. This role leverages existing reporting systems to find issues, recommends workflow changes, and writes scripts to correct problems. The candidate will also be responsible for developing methods to migrate into these environments in high performing and robust fashion.
The ideal candidate will have a computer science degree or equivalent, 3-7 years of experience, exceptional data modeling skills, a high level of mathematical and statistical knowledge, an understanding of the business function and industry best practices, and the ability to recognize data patterns and determine proper data models for storage and access.
The successful candidate will work closely with an Asset D&C team and IT teams on a variety of projects from framing through deployment and ongoing continuous improvement efforts. Work will include strategic reviews, profiling and scoring opportunities, data identification and cleansing, problem solving, process reengineering and business engagement.
Strong people and communication skills, and sound analytical and interpersonal skills are essential for success in this position. A strong sense of ownership and a drive to improve existing systems and processes is needed.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interpret key business problems and hypothesize workflow improvements and targets for data storage and manipulation
- Work closely and support machine learning initiatives
- Understand business process work flows and applicability to models
- Work closely with IT to implement sustainable, best practice solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 3-7 years significant and relevant E&P experience
Experience / Skills
- Experience with software such as Wellview, Spotfire and Sequel Server
- Innovator and Value Creator
- Good problem-solving techniques; critical and logical thinking
- Good communication skills; Ability to work with all levels of the organization and high level of interpersonal skills in managing team members and customer relationships
- Influencing capabilities
- Solid understanding of data concepts such as master data, data governance, and integration based on key fields, etc.
- High performance delivery focus with an emphasis on task ownership and completion. Self-motivated with an enthusiastic, methodical and diligent approach
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible
- Prefer knowledge of oil & gas well lifecycle, wellbore construction, or at least significant areas, e.g. production engineering, operations, D&C, in conventional and unconventional assets. This includes understanding current business practices / processes, key technical and business challenges, and knowledge of workflows to other parts of the business.
- Lean training a plus
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.