SENIOR MANUFACTURING ENGINEER IN HAUPPAUGE, NY AT CIRCOR CAREER SITE
BUSINESS: Aerospace & Defense
LOCATION: Hauppauge, NY
DIRECT REPORTING: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Senior Manufacturing Engineer will act under the general supervision of a Manufacturing Engineering Manager on multiple assignments of complex nature and broad scope.
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer, the candidate will be a part of a dynamic team to design and develop manufacturing processes for new and legacy product lines. This includes but not limited to process improvements, tooling, test fixturing, manufacturing instructions, and problem solving.
- Continually improve manufacturing methods/systems and process/ product improvements to optimize product performance and reduce manufacturing costs. Identify, design, implement, and evaluate improvement opportunities.
- Determine specific requirements of manufacturing operation to specify equipment, fixturing, and process parameters. Collaborate on design with suppliers to fulfil equipment and fixturing requirements.
- Provides production floor and assembly support in technical matters relating to assembly drawing interpretation, engineering change notices, rework, manufacturing difficulties and specifications.
- Compiles and evaluates test and production data, prepares technical analysis, recommends manufacturing methods and processes required to meet design objectives on new or improved products and/or processes.
- Provides support in the development, modification, and evaluation of manufacturing operations.
- Provides input to plans, process specifications and procedures, production aids and assembly fixtures, factory work standards development, and the like.
- Ensures successful completion of the assigned tasks within the budgeted time and cost constraints.
- Ensures that the quality policy and quality system is understood, implemented, and maintained at all levels of the organization.
- Develop plans to evaluate process repeatability and stability through equipment qualification and process validation.
- Applies six sigma methodologies as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Experience in designing/analysing components, assemblies, and tooling with high precision tolerances.
- Working knowledge of Mechanical and Electromechanical assemblies.
- Experience in technical writing (work instructions, reports, etc.) with an attention to detail for formatting, consistency, and thoroughness.
- Proficiency in 3D CAD modelling, assemblies, and drawings (SolidWorks / AutoDesk Inventor).
- Proficiency in MS Excel (formulas, lookup functions, etc).
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret reference manuals, engineering standards, and vendor component catalogues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to collaborate with all operational disciplines.
- Knowledgeable in lean manufacturing principles and six sigma methodologies.
- Pneumatic/Hydraulic Valve assembly and test experience.
- Knowledge of visual programming languages a plus (LabVIEW, Simulink, etc.)
- Knowledge of text-based programming languages a plus (MATLAB, C++, etc.)
- Knowledge of Electromechanical components and PLC troubleshooting
- Previous experience with aviation or medical equipment qualification processes desirable.
- Six Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt or Lean certification a plus
- Experience in project management
- Proficient in financial and statistical analysis
- Solid analytical skills and solution-driven thinking; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data. Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize, balance, and manage multiple efforts with strong results/goal orientation.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in a group problem solving situations; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention; displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; strives for continuous improvement of self and processes.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey information and ideas in a variety of media, tactful, confident, at all levels, internal and external.
- Ability to provide cross-functional and organizational leadership within a highly matrixed organization.
Education & Experience
- Typically requires a minimum level of knowledge that is acquired through a four-year college degree in an applicable field and three years related experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- US Persons Only (US citizens, lawful permanent residents, refugee or asylee – all require proper identification and documentation)
- Intermittent travel required – Less than 5% expected
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities