- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 11/5/2018 11:58:58 AM
- Job Function: Marketing
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Headquarters
In the role of Senior Marketing Manager, you will:
- Lead and deliver timely and accurate market analysis and insights (market, competition & customer intelligence, and analysis) – with a clear focus on the medium to long-term trends, looking beyond the immediate opportunities / tenders
- Assess competitor strategy and performance and develop insights about customer priorities and future plans; evaluate implications for OFE & BHGE and make recommendations; synthesise inputs related to market intelligence from regions / functions / product lines
- Work closely with product managers to assist in the development of new products / solutions and enhancements to existing product / solutions in alignment with market needs; develop and update value propositions as well as proof points
- Participate in priority deal reviews and contribute as required
- Deliver elements of strategic planning processes (e.g. annual strategic plan / GSP – Growth Strategy Plan, portfolio analysis, capital allocation etc.)
- Lead / participate in strategic projects – e.g., evaluation of potential new markets/products, realignment of businesses, market assessment of potential acquisitions
- Work with Sales & Commercial team to assist in the development of new products/solutions & enhancements to existing product/solutions in alignment with market needs
- Collaborate with colleagues in other functions, regions and OFE businesses to translate insightsand strategic plans to practical business actions
- Draft the key messages (including but, not limited to value propositions) in collaboration with other functions and provide the content for Marketing material (product catalogues, brochures etc.)
- Disseminate knowledge internally through presentations, webchats, written communications
- Demonstrate thought leadership and represent BHGE externally e.g., publishing papers or speaking at appropriate conferences and seminars, in meetings with regulators and potential partners
- Manage or contribute to relevant internal databases (installed base etc.)
- Other activities that fall within the remit of the OFE Marketing team
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the Oil & Gas industry (operator or equipment/service company), strategy consulting and /or industrial marketing / strategy
- Desired Characteristics:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
- MBA or advanced degree in Science / Engineering
- Experience in the subsea industry – subsea productions, SURF (Subsea Umbilical Riser Flowlines), IMR (Inspection Maintenance Repair), Well interventions
- Strong upstream oil and gas industry knowledge and relevant experience, preferably in the subsea segment
- Excellent analytics and problem-solving, including ability to form hypotheses and move forward in the absence of complete information
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to synthesize complex topics into clear, simple and crisp messages
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Interpersonal skills to work well with colleagues across all businesses / cultures, achieve objectives through effective influencing, and establish credibility with senior leaders
- Ability to learn relevant tools (e.g., Salesforce.com and third-party market research databases) quickly
- About Us:Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Locations:United States; Texas; Houston, other
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.