- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 10/29/2018 6:54:54 PM
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Headquarters
- Consistent application of Lean tools and principles to drive continuous improvements across the organization
- Use VSM (Value Stream Map) & 3P (Production Preparation Process) to focus and drive improvement at plant and business levels as identified per plant strategy deployment
- You are expected to be the champion for lean deployment to drive lead-time and cash / cost improvements
- Target minimum 50% lead time and inventory reductions
- Be responsible for partnering with Lean Operations Leader and Business Leaders to define the key value streams that will have the greatest impact on the business and the customer
- Work with operations leaders to develop strategic deployment planning / establish transformational vision / set specific goals and priorities that drive lean principles and concept across the business, link lean initiatives closely to plant KPIs pursuing operation excellence
- Serve as a change agent by influencing, communicating and institutionalizing a culture of simplification and standardization
- Coach & train local teams in the use of Lean tools and the simplification methodology to drive significant business impact
- Establish appropriate operating rhythms with key stake holders to communicate progress, provide coaching and plan action workouts
- Seek, share and institutionalize best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Operation Management
- Minimum 5 years of industry experienceEligibility Requirements:
- Travel 50% of the time to plant sites globally, as required
- Desired Characteristics:
- Master’s Degree in supply chain management from an accredited college or university
- A recognized certification in process improvement methods e.g. Lean, Six Sigma (ideally at black belt level)
- Understands Lean tool set with proven results
- Change agent with strong credibility and influence in the organization
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others and achieve results
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Formal Lean Training
- Extensive Experience in Lean with proven record of facilitating large group training session
- Experience in converting a Site to Lean
- Strong Management Experience
- Extensive project portfolio and a strong track record in the delivery of lean process management programs
- About Us:Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Locations:United States; Texas; Houston
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.