date: Jan 3, 2019
location: Singapore (Jurong Island), Singapore, SG
Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Oronite is accepting online applications for the position of Senior Operation Specialist located in Jurong Island, Singapore through January 24, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
All interested applicants, please read the Data Privacy Notice before submitting application.
Operations Specialist supports asset ownership of assigned plant areas. He/She is expected to understand and communicate production plan requirements and work with cross functional teams such as operations shift teams, planning, maintenance, project and process engineering to prioritize plant activities to ensure safe, reliable and efficient production. This role requires highly analytical individuals who will be heavily involved in leading the troubleshooting of the daily plant issues. This role requires effective communication of priorities and instructions through the daily operating and supplementary instructions, and review maintenance/project work priorities through daily, weekly and long term planning meetings:
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for identifying critical areas that require continuity between shifts and ensure appropriate assigning of work priority to minimize unplanned activities
- Assists Operations Area Supervisor in troubleshooting of plant related issue, work with shift teams and other work process teams to implement proposed actions
- Performs as an Operations/Maintenance Coordinator (OMC) to be accountable for the priority of the Maintenance Work Request raised and Schedule/PM Compliance
- Arranges additional manpower and provides instruction to LOTO system to facilitate maintenance and shutdown activities
- Manages PM non-compliance and facilitates SWP deviation and critical protection bypasses
- Monitors catalyst inventory and coordinates non-routine waste disposal with waste disposal company
- Coordinates the implementation of Capital Projects and Management of Change (MOC) as the Operations representative in the Project scoping and execution
- Responsible in driving Safety Culture within Operations by leading/participating in WOPAR audit, development of JSRA for Operations led tasks
- Leads Safety or Reliability incidents up to Level 1 consequences and participate in other higher IIR and RIR consequence investigation
- Provides coaching to junior Operations Specialists and Turnaround Coordinators during developmental assignment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical or Process Engineering
- With 3 to 5 years relevant experience in the refinery, petrochemical or chemical industry
- Experience working in operational function will be an added advantage
- Ability to coordinate multiple cross-functional activities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to attach to Process Engineering department as a short-term assignment to gain technical knowledge in additives processes
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Selected candidate will work in the Singapore under the local payroll system and benefits.
- This job has expired!