Senior Petroleum Geologist / Project Manager
Contract Type: Temporary or permanent position
Beicip-Franlab is a world leading consulting Company providing software and services to help oil and gas professionals in interpreting subsurface data and assessing exploration and production risks and opportunities. Our company is seeking experienced Petroleum Geologist to support the development of its activities.
Integrated geological interpretations are fundamental in today’s oil and gas industry to perform robust prospect evaluation, geological modelling and reservoir characterization for Oil & Gas Companies exploration, appraisal and development drilling programs. The successful candidate will apply industry standard tools and in-house software to map and describe prospects, understand reservoir properties, quantify risk, participate in reserves estimations and appraisal and development drilling programs.
Leading or working directly within multi-disciplinary teams, he/she will carry out and/or supervise all tasks related to geological interpretation from subsurface data, as well as sedimentology, sequence stratigraphy, well log analyses, 3D modeling, and petroleum system analyses. Experience and knowledge in other associated subjects would be a plus.
He/She may serve as a project leader on assignments requiring relatively broad knowledge of geology.
The role is ideally suited for candidates who wish to:
Work in a multicultural, dynamic and motivating environment;
Seek opportunities to work on a wide range of fields and technical challenges;
Experience of at least 8 years in the Oil and Gas industry on the above listed disciplines and techniques is required.
Acting as Senior Consultant and/or Project Leader, he/she will directly report to the Team Leader and to the Director of Operations. The successful candidate will be expected to:
Perform key geological interpretations or tasks for geological interpretation, characterization and modeling.
Work actively and/or lead an integrated project team, when required;
Tutor junior petroleum geologists in the frame of their project work;
Be in permanent relation with the Client for data collection, reporting, and results presentation and discussion;
Recommend, assess, quantify and communicate results and risks to team members and management;
Develop integration between geological, geophysical and reservoir techniques.
The successful candidate will have:
- An MSc or PhD in Earth Sciences;
- Minimum of 8 years of experience as senior geologist;
- Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills with experience in a multi-disciplinary environment;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present work product in an effective manner and possess the ability to share information to mentor/develop others;
- Proficiency with standard integrated geological software;
- A commitment for mobility as the job implies overseas short-term and long-term duration missions;
- A confident and assertive personality with the ability to provide effective technical leadership and articulate strong technical arguments is essential;
- Previous experience in publishing and presenting technical papers is highly desirable;
- Previous overseas experience in geological consulting services is highly advantageous;
- Fluent English and French mandatory, other languages advantageous.