Muscat – Shell Development Oman, Oman
Skillpool group: Petroleum Engineering
Reference ID: 104527BR
The Senior Petrophysicist Operations will be part of a team of Petroleum Engineers and Geoscientists responsible for the maturation of well proposals and well functional specification and the evaluation of subsurface data in support of data acquisition operations for exploration, appraisal and development drilling in Oman. The Senior Petrophysicist Operations will be responsible for the petrophysical work for well delivery planning and operations, and report into the Well Delivery Team Lead.
- Deliver petrophysical interpretations of offset wells in support of well location selection and drilling related subsurface risk assessment.
- Take full ownership of the data acquisition programs – i.e. wireline logging programs, coring (both full-bore and sidewall), as well as sampling.
- Follow drilling and wireline logging operations and perform quick-look interpretation feeding into operational decisions.
- Manage sample gathering, transport and evaluation by third parties. This includes both core material and PVT samples.
- Ensure compliance to relevant corporate Subsurface Design and Engineering Practices.
- Ensure corporate Petrophysical standards and procedures are upheld and adhered to.
- Ensure integration of petrophysical work with other subsurface disciplines.
- Ensure the integrity and quality of petrophysical data in the corporate data base in line with corporate standards and procedures.
- Advise on planning, progress and quality of petrophysical work, including effective staff utilisation.
- Be a key contributor to identification and maturation of hydrocarbon opportunities and operational activities.
- Identify requirements for data gathering to optimize integrated hydrocarbon maturation.
- Pursue application of appropriate (new) evaluation (& data acquisition) technologies.
- Coaching more junior Petrophysicists.